Head of Visual Design
Fjord – Design & Innovation from Accenture Interactive
Salary up to £100,000 depending on skills and experience plus excellent benefits package
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
The digital revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you’ll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
A recent acquisition of Accenture after 13 years of delivering award-winning service design magic, Fjord has evolved to represent a stretch for the Design community - simultaneously shifting the world’s largest consultancy towards customer centricity, whilst being supported by the scale and reach of same business.
As a result, we believe that not just Fjord but Design practice globally is starting to reveal itself in the most powerful of places - the boardrooms of some of the biggest organisations in the world, with access to creating an impact on the lives of millions of people.
There’s a lot of work to do. So we're growing our design team here at the Fjord London studio.
And to build it we're looking for the keystones; we’re looking for the brightest service design leaders of our time to define and deliver some of the most challenging design creativity to some of the most critical infrastructure that drives our complex world - a world of simultaneously logical data and irrational humanity
Our clients are more diverse than ever. Our projects more varied than ever - in scope, type, and levels from the C-suite. Our design team is thriving like never before because they are learning to address new challenges that every project brings.
If you think the word 'digital' means everything, and nothing, simultaneously, we'd love to hear from you.
At Fjord, visual design is the heartbeat of our design practice. Our designers identify user needs, interpret client challenges, and develop concepts that unify our products and services. Visual designers work collaboratively with UX and Content Design teams, absorbing the project’s needs, creating concepts, and evolving the client’s brand in an engaging way. As Head of Visual Design, you’ll be responsible for supporting conceptual development, overall direction, and delivery of visual design artifacts. You’ll have a strong understanding of interaction design, the ability to elegantly adapt designs across devices, and an effortless presentation style that owns and sells pitches. Mentorship is a crucial aspect of the role, you will be accountable for a large team of visual designers, building their skills and shaping their careers.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Own craft and capability output across key projects, ensuring each project deliverable is of the highest quality.
- Drive design quality across multiple projects: guide the direction and push quality of the work, supporting the design lead with stakeholder and team management as needed.
- Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions effectively. Give effective feedback and direction to other team members.
- Consult with and advise senior clients to help frame the challenge at hand, encourage broad thinking and establish orientation towards quality of experience.
- Collaborate with Group Design Director to drive, and sometimes lead, Fjord design initiatives (offerings, capabilities) within the studio.
- Manage the studio's design team across key accounts. Provide individual and team-level coaching and feedback, maintain motivation and morale.
- Articulate, rationalize, and sell in design for clients, balancing user needs, commercial interests, and technological constraints.
- Initiate, oversee and participate in internal initiatives.
- Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
- Publish articles on behalf of Fjord.
- Present new thinking and insights at conferences as a Fjord thought leader.