Interaction Design Lead
Fjord – Design & Innovation from Accenture Interactive
Salary up to £78,600 depending on skills and experience plus excellent benefits package
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
The digital revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you’ll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
A recent acquisition of Accenture after 13 years of delivering award-winning service design magic, Fjord has evolved to represent a stretch for the Design community - simultaneously shifting the world’s largest consultancy towards customer centricity, whilst being supported by the scale and reach of same business.
As a result, we believe that not just Fjord but Design practice globally is starting to reveal itself in the most powerful of places - the boardrooms of some of the biggest organisations in the world, with access to creating an impact on the lives of millions of people.
There’s a lot of work to do. So we're growing our design team here at the Fjord London studio.
And to build it we're looking for the keystones; we’re looking for the brightest service design leaders of our time to define and deliver some of the most challenging design creativity to some of the most critical infrastructure that drives our complex world - a world of simultaneously logical data and irrational humanity
Our clients are more diverse than ever. Our projects more varied than ever - in scope, type, and levels from the C-suite. Our design team is thriving like never before because they are learning to address new challenges that every project brings.
If you think the word 'digital' means everything, and nothing, simultaneously, we'd love to hear from you.
At Fjord, interaction design is at the heart of our design process. Our interaction designers are a diverse team of strategic, empathetic thinkers who envision and craft experiences from service design through to digital product creation. The Interaction Design Lead is responsible for the functional user experience of a digital product. They will manage and mentor a team of interaction designers at account level, ensuring the work is of the highest quality and that deadlines are met. This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating products and services that people love.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Create outstanding interaction design for our clients and their customers.
- Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights and generate concepts that emotionally connect with customers
- Drive a human-centered design process that spans all phases of development
- Lead, plan, design and facilitate and synthesize workshops
- Help extend the interaction design craft and share the practice across the studio and beyond.
- Establish and nurture client relationships.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business
- Frame design solutions and explain thinking and rationale in a compelling way.
- Lead the communication of research findings, conceptual ideas and service strategy.
- Manage and maintain team motivation and morale.
- Assess performance and provide career guidance for those in your project and line management team.