Job Location: Location Negotiable
Job Number: 00466834 00466834_en
Role: Programme Assurance Consultant
Location: London based
Accenture Technology Consulting
Accenture Technology Consulting provides industry experts with the insights and technology capabilities to transform the world’s leading companies. Within Technology Consulting, functions are aligned with business and IT in order to meet corporate strategies and objectives and to enable our clients to transform their businesses. Our consulting capabilities enable our clients to design and implement transformational change programmes, either for one or more functions or business units, or across their entire organization. We provide industry-specific consulting services across 13 industry groups, including applications and architecture advisory and technology advisory.
Accenture Programme and Project Management Advisory (PPMA)
Accenture Programme and Project Management Advisory underpins our other core Technology Consulting domains, providing delivery leadership expertise to accelerate execution. We provide solutions for complex programme and project mobilisation, governance, management and measurement. PPMA services range from point QA assessment, periodic Programme Assurance through to delivering Programme Leadership. Our experienced practitioners can also support targeted advisory services, including assessment and selection of solution, vendors and target methodology and how ‘New IT’ should be leveraged.
As a Consultant that is a Programme Assurance Practitioner, your responsibilities will include:
· Performing a Programme Assurance role for large technology transformation/implementation programmes;
· Specialising in reviewing programme functions and assessing delivery progress, identify issues/risks and provide recommendations based on assurance experience. Typical areas would include a business case, programme budget, contractual compliance, vendor management, risk assessment and impact analysis, plans and delivery to date, quality standards and methodology used, governance;
· Providing feedback to C-level clients based on findings and recommendations;
· Building and applying technical, industry, and functional knowledge to support efforts in selling opportunities to existing and new clients;
· Developing your deep skills as a Technology Consulting practitioner to ensure market and client relevance;
· Developing detailed and actionable recovery plans which reflect our practice’s deep industry, project/programme acumen;
· Developing our thought leadership in the programme assurance or other related areas
· Knowledge and experience performing a Programme Assurance function on large scale technology projects;
· Prior experience as part of an assurance function for a consulting company in shaping or leading an assurance piece of work at a client;
· Project, programme and portfolio management experience;
· All-round consulting skills and experience, including point-of-view and practitioner mentality
· Excellent written and communication skills and ability to effectively articulate messages to senior management and c-suite clients;
· Project management certification (e.g. PMI, PRINCE);
· Industry experience across one or more Products industries: retail, consumer goods, life sciences, automotive or travel; and
· Exposure to digital domains and methods, including Agile, Scrum, SAFE, and understanding of how to apply in the context of an engagement.
Set Yourself Apart: Preferred Skills
· Ability to work with senior client stakeholders to coach them through understanding and accepting findings and potential actions from an assurance perspective;
· The ability to establish trust-based relationships and gain valuable insights through collaboration and communication;
· An ability to articulate and clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple and logical manner;
· Experience understanding business challenges and explaining how our offerings and services provide value;
· Experience identifying a client’s high-level project/programme/portfolio needs and leading the creation of an assurance approach tailored to those needs and objectives;
· Experience working through organisational resistance and change, developing a point of view based on findings and recommendations;
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, synthesize large amounts of information and identify areas of risk/issue for a project/programme;
· Insights on key methodologies, approaches and market trends in the industry;
· Flexibility to accommodate client travel requirements
· Educated to at least a Bachelor's Degree level or equivalent;
· Project management certification (e.g. PMI, PRINCE); and
· Minimum of 5 years of consulting experience (at consultant level) or relevant programme assurance background.
Our Commitment to You
· Opportunities for career advancement and transparent approach to career progression;
· Access to Accenture leading thinking and expertise across technology related subject areas;
· Learning and development opportunities as part of Accenture’s Technology Consulting practice; and
· Competitive salary with associated Accenture Consulting benefits.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture Equal Opportunities Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.