Role : Data Engineer – Big Data (Consultants/Managers)
Location: London/Other UK Location
Salary: £50,000 - £95,000 + Benefits
Travel: Up to 100%
The digital revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you’ll create it, own it and make it a reality for our clients. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight our clients depend on.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices – Analytics, Interactive, and Mobility. As part of our Analytics practice, you’ll help businesses deliver insight-driven outcomes in entirely new ways.
Accenture Analytics supports clients to turn information into action by driving technology-enabled business insights, creating a "decision making environment" embracing social media, cloud, mobility, big data and legacy environments. We deliver and run the information strategy, architecture and governance that enable a "single source of the truth", empowering our clients to analyze that data for smarter decision making, actions and outcomes.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Designing and implementing modern, scalable data pipelines for our clients leveraging Hadoop, NoSQL, Apache open source and emerging technologies, covering on-premise and cloud-based deployment patterns
- Providing advisory services and thought leadership on the selection and deployment of commercial and open source tools to process streaming, micro-batch and low latency workloads
- Designing and implementing data access patterns and data pipelines on Hadoop and NoSQL platforms leveraging agile, DevOps, continuous integration and continuous delivery approaches
- Provide innovative design and deployment approaches that leverage the best of innovations in in-memory processing, agile delivery, automated testing, containerisation etc. to enhance the speed and flexibility of testing analytics hypotheses and apply machine learning at scale
- Working closely with technology partners, Accenture Technology Labs and Innovation centres to incubate emerging technologies and build prototypes/demos to enhance our data engineering codebases and frameworks
- Supporting hackathons which allow us to work with publicly available data and open source tools to create new data engineering patterns and codebases
- Mentoring the next wave of data engineers and providing your skills and experience to enable clients to modernise their existing data pipelines