Job Location: Newcastle
Job Number: 00448388 00448388_en-GB
Visual Analytics Engineer
Locations: Newcastle upon Tyne
Travel: Potential to work on client sites around the UK.
We have roles available across the following Accenture career levels depending on skills and experience:
Analyst: from £26,100
Senior Analyst: from £31,424
Specialist/Team Lead: from £36,725
Job Type: Permanent
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Technology powers our clients to achieve high performance with best in class established and emerging technologies. We are able to extend our technology and business capabilities by working closely with market leaders and innovators to provide our clients with the best specialised skills and tailored solutions.
With Accenture Technology you will deliver everything from point solutions for a single business function to large, long term outsourcing services, to complex systems integration installations spanning multiple businesses and functions.
We are focused on aligning IT with business priorities, enabling a digital Accenture and driving down the cost of IT, while working to provide all of our employees with the capabilities to run a high-performing business!
What is Visual Analytics?
Visual Analytics enables users to maximise the value of their data to solve business problems by creating analytics applications that provide insight, drill down, root cause analysis and next best action without reports, spreadsheets and meetings.
Visual Analytics employs powerful capabilities to find data-driven answers with User Experience (UX) and wide adoption as core design concepts.
Key features of the role
If you join Accenture you can turn great ideas into reality for some of the world’s most dynamic companies. Accenture is an ever-evolving global organisation, which will offer you the opportunity to bring your digital skills to the edge of discovery and the forefront of innovation on an international scale. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an inspiring environment where stimulating and remarkable work is part of daily life.
In today’s fast-paced digitally driven business, information and analytics are critical as an enabler to gaining a competitive advantage and improve performance. Our Visual Analytics Delivery practice focuses on helping clients tackle the full breadth of their business challenges. We integrate best in class technology though our extensive network of affiliated companies to deliver solutions ranging from identifying the optimal location for wind farms to recognising product gaps to fulfil consumer demand.
Demand for our Visualisation and Analytics services are growing rapidly, and we continue to look for dynamic and innovative individuals to work with us in Visual Analytics.
Roles in Visual Analytics adapt to the current business demands and trends and continually evolve. If we were to summarise our current activities:
· Provide technical leadership to onshore and offshore developer team members on client projects
· Design, develop and implement new and innovative and device agnostic applications that solve specific business problems for desk bound users to mobile field workers
· Enriching existing customer insights with new external sources such as twitter, Facebook, amazon, google+, weather data, Apple App Store etc.
· Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies and drive digital analytics innovation, through compelling proofs of concepts how integration of new technology (e.g. natural language processing, virtual reality) can deliver powerful analytics through a simple user experience.
· Skilled and innovative with open source technologies such as D3.js and Node.js to create truly unique solutions
· 100% agile delivery with the focus on time to value for our clients before industrialising solutions
· Developing User Interfaces (UIs) and User Experiences (UX) that support wide adoption of our solutions
· Architect and implement secure solutions for clients on premise and in the cloud, integrating with existing authentication and security frameworks.
· Develop and integrate end to end solutions using new data sources from advancements in senor and location technologies e.g. telematics, GPS, Geospatial, Pressure Sensors, Health Trackers, Internet of Things (IoT)
What's in it for you?
If you’re looking for a challenging IT career working in a vibrant environment with access to training, and expertise, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with the latest software and leading-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to build new technical skills on the job.
What we're looking for
We are most interested in individuals with experience with some of the following toolsets and digital platforms:
• Experience preparing and visualising data using Qlikview & QlikSense, Tableau, Tibco Spotfire, and open source libraries like D3.js.
• Server-side web development experience in Node.js or other languages e.g. C#, .NET or Python.
• Good experience with ETL and data cleanse and integration tools: strong SQL skills, Informatica, SSIS, Talend, Alteryx
• Database Management and Big Data solutions : Amazon Web Services (RedShift/ Kinesis), Cloudera, Hadoop, Spark, Google BigQuery
• Architecting and implementing secure single sign-on processes using common security protocols (e.g. SAML over SSL, OAuth2.0)
• Familiarity with DevOps processes and tools like Jira, Confluence, Git, Jenkins, Selenium and SonarQube
• Proven ability to apply analytical and creative thought and translate into technical solutions
• Proven ability to deliver complex technical activities to tight timescales
• Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
• Experience delivering projects within an agile environment
• Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Flexibility and mobility is required to deliver this role as there may be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first class services we are known for.
To find out more about the role, our Newcastle Delivery Centre and what it’s like to be a part of our brilliant team visit our microsite at www.accenture.com/newcastle
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31st August 2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.