Job Location: Location Negotiable
Job Number: 00447800 00447800_en-GB
Role: Upstream Oil and Gas Asset & Operations Consultant
Mobility: up to 100%
Location: London (with travel to Aberdeen)
Closing date: 31/08/2017
Welcome to Accenture, one of the world's leading providers of management consultancy services where high performance is a minimum requirement, not just an ideal.
Key features of the role:
We are now looking for an Upstream Oil & Gas Asset & Operations Consultant with industry, consulting and digital experience to lead and strengthen our UK team.
Asset& Operations is a global business domain within the Management Consulting growth platform of Accenture, the global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company.
The Consultant will be asked to lead phases of larger transformation projects focused on improving the operational performance of Upstream Oil and Gas Companies, and supporting them in their Digital Transformation. Key area of focus is on production operations and understanding underlying maintenance and integrity processes and their related support functions (such as supply chain / logistics). Being a trusted advisor who can help client teams in analyzing current state processes and articulate improvements to such processes, leveraging Analytics and Digital solutions and considering how technology platforms or outsourcing can support such activities.
Key responsibilities may include:
As a Consultant you will originate, , shape and deliver high value transformation
programs to respond to our clients' strategic business challenges. You will
develop strong client relationships, qualify opportunities and manage programs
and their delivery through multidisciplinary teams to achieve key business
• Identifying business development opportunities that are aligned with client agendas and develop compelling business case/response to new business opportunities.
Shape and Lead Business and Digital Transformation Programs
• Driving research and analysis activities to identify and prioritize client creation opportunities based on your understanding of client high level visions, performance gaps, and needs.
• Shaping and leading solution implementation.
Client Relationship Development
• Developing trusted senior level relationships with clients, target clients and internal experts, qualifying opportunities and negotiating complex solutions.
• Facilitating stakeholder engagement programs.
Building a consulting practice through developing expertise and capabilities, conference participation, thought leadership development, market offering development, recruiting, and providing coaching and mentoring to analysts and consultants
• Supporting Accenture and our clients ‘rotate to the new’ by understanding, implementing and evolving new digital technologies to deliver business results
What's in it for you?
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training, business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to refine your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with team mates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice.
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will demonstrate leadership, have proven experience in the industry consultancy and digital.
You must be a team player and have strong lateral management and persuasive skills. You must have the spirit, ability and desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment that does not afford the administrative support of a larger service line, necessitating all team members to multi-task and work "hands on".
· Upstream Oil and Gas industry experience
· Consultancy experience
· Experience and passion for applying digital to transform the industry
· Project Management experience
What other qualifications or skills do I need?
· Equivalent qualification
· Strong leadership skills - setting direction, team leadership
· Proven training and coaching abilities
Your base location will be London, although most of our consultants work on lengthy client engagements within the UK and Ireland with a large emphasis on projects in Aberdeen. Therefore you must be willing to work away from home Monday to Friday as required.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.