Most Managers spend the majority of their time working on client sites, delivering a project, with the expectation of extra-curricular responsibilities and practice building on the side. Projects vary dramatically in size and length, with a typical project lasting 6-9 months with a group 5-10 people. This variety and flexibility means you can shape and evolve your career and skills.
1. Delivery within Capital Markets Change Projects
- Working with a team to define a business solution that may include defining business architecture or process design
- Working within project teams to support clients project delivery across the project lifecycle including activities such as gap analysis, requirements gathering and definition, functional specifications, risk/issue management, project planning etc.
2. Working alongside Clients and Building Relationships
- Able to demonstrate credibility to work with client SME’s and leaders to understand wider business challenges
- Developing trusted relationships with clients, target clients and internal experts as part of project delivery representing Accenture’s capabilities
3. Supporting Creation and Shaping of Sales Opportunities
- Supporting the Accenture executives in the development of business opportunities and development campaigns that are aligned with client agendas
- Helping to develop business cases and responses to new business opportunities within proposal response teams
4. Building Part of Accenture’s Capital Markets Capability
- Supporting the creation of “Thought Leadership” and other assets as well as participating in communities as part of specialist teams that meet specific client challenges
What do we need from you?
The most important thing for us is that you display the right attitude. We want people who want to actively contribute to our community and clients as practitioners, who can think logically, solve problems and engage others. We want you to be driven to develop yourself and others, as well as having a ‘big picture’ view of the Industry.
Alongside the above, we would expect you to display the following skills or experiences:
- A strong academic background
- Experience of working within an investment banking or asset and wealth management environment in either a direct or consulting capacity
- Understanding of Investment Banking Industry as a whole, including Front, Middle and Back office processes and the trade lifecycle
- Experience of project or programme management, implementing IT solutions or redesigning processes
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide clarity to complex issues and synthesize large amounts of information
- Extra-curricular or external roles displaying leadership qualities
- A good team worker with excellent client relationship and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills and a strong professional presence
From a functional perspective, individuals should have experience in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Regulation - EMIR, Dodd Frank, Basel, MiFID etc.
- Robotic Process Automation (Blueprism)
- Post Trade processing - from trade capture to downstream routing (clearing, settlement, confirmation, asset servicing etc.)
- Capital or collateral Optimisation Experience
- Derivatives product knowledge (especially FX, Interest Rate and Equity derivative experience)
- Legal entity or trade migrations
- Risk management - cross asset risk management, analytics, client valuation/default valuations, market and credit risk
- Securities and Listed Derivatives architecture including; settlement, confirmation, payments, DTCC, CLS, GMI and risk
- Analytics & digital data platforms qlikview / tableau / cognos / Hadoop / Cassandra
What can we offer you?
Accenture represents a significant opportunity to work and build your career in not only one of the leading Consultancy firms, but also within one of its fastest growing areas – Capital Markets.
Our work spans 20+ clients in Investment Banking and Asset & Wealth Management and includes thousands of trusted client relationships across Front to Bank Office. Our global presence and integrated structure mean we are uniquely place to help with innovative technology solutions, complex consulting delivery as well as Industry specific advisory work. We positively encourage our people to challenge themselves, think, innovate and collaborate in every role they play. Enabling you to grow your career as fast as you can.
People and communities are at the heart of what we do and what makes us a diverse and refreshingly different place to work. People development is rewarded on an equal footing to client delivery, meaning sharing knowledge, ideas and building an Industry leading teams are part of our core values.
Whether it’s your practice, client account, career counsellor, start group or Industry specialism, our internal communities help our people feel connected no matter where they are located or with whom they work. These groups form your support network, friends, learning channels, mentors and help you get the most of out of your career.
If you want to get to know some of our community (or learn about your interviewer) read our blogs!
At Accenture we recognise the importance of training to help you remain at the top of your game and continue to grow and achieve through your career, and that’s why last year we invested more than $787 million in training and developing our people.
Throughout a career at Accenture, you can develop skills and capabilities based on your interests and talents. It starts with new joiner orientation and our core curriculum, which provide an introduction to Accenture and help develop basic skills for success. As you progress in your career, we will help you expand your knowledge and skills through formal and informal development programs.
Accenture offers a comprehensive package including 30 days holiday, a laptop, gym subsidies, three additional days for charitable work of your choice, an employee healthcare plan and a competitive pension scheme
So what’s next?
Accenture will be recruiting at Analyst, Consultant, Manager and Senior Manager levels in Technology Consulting & Management Consulting. We will assess your level and organisation fit during the interview process – so don’t worry if you’re not sure which role or area is best for you.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31.08.2017
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.