Job Location: London
Job Number: 00433392 00433392_en-GB
Role: Operations Research Manager
Salary; up to £76,500 depending on experience + benefits
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Corporate Functions and you will become part of a diverse team which offers the essential expertise that enables all of our employees to deliver high performance to our clients. Our Corporate Functions professionals work in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Communications, CIO, Information Security, and Geographic Services.
Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you’ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
A living, breathing innovation hub as an accelerator to help Accenture and its clients unlock value by design.
The role we are looking to fill is Accenture Operations Business Research Manager, based in London (UK).
This manager role is in our Accenture Research team that is specifically aligned to driving research and thought leadership agenda for the Accenture Operations business. The current research team consists of 6 professionals worldwide and the selected individual will work directly with other members of the team to support the needs of the business across Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), Infrastructure Services (including Security Services), and Cloud services. We are looking for someone with a broad knowledge base and research skills across the areas of process automation as enabled by cloud, artificial intelligence, as a service, etc.. The right candidate will be able to build on the expertise we have established in our team over the past years and address the intersection of business and technology as it relates to business processes and functions and the ways that automation (i.e., robotics process automation, cognitive computing, artificial intelligence, mini-bots) and analytics are impacting our clients as Accenture Operations further evolves this business.
This individual will join the Global Operations Research team and provide research expertise while seeking to engage and win new project work, build capability, appropriately assign and balance work, manage budgets/content, and drive operational excellence.
Research requests will be a mix of global and local (UK, Europe-focused) projects, both for internal Accenture research customers and directly for Accenture’s clients. While it is assumed the researcher will focus on projects coming from our customers in the Operations business, there may be occasions in which they will work on projects outside of this core business area in order to foster intra-team collaboration (e.g., Technology, Digital, Strategy, industry-specific work)
On any given day, you will support a variety of research projects that are relevant to Accenture Operations, such as workforce trends, emerging technologies, cybersecurity, market sizing/forecasting and competitor research and/or ecosystem trends. Increasingly, you will support research requests into new and emerging areas of technology which are relevant, such as cognitive computing, machine learning, Internet of Things.
The chosen candidate will:
· Help to shape and execute the overall team strategy, with a keen focus on priorities relevant to his/her research program, in consultation with other stakeholders and colleagues, and with input from Global Leadership.
· Build effective and strategic stakeholder relationships with Operations executives globally and within his/her geo (Marketing, Sales, Delivery, etc.) to ensure sponsorship, budget and utilization of research services.
· Perform complex research across relevant topics to the business. This includes in-depth research on geographic and/or horizontal segment trends, competitors, industry market trends and issues, and relevant topics utilizing a number of available sources.
· Work closely with other research colleagues based in his/her geo in order to remain vigilant regarding Operations-related opportunities within their sectors and countries as well as resourcing needs.
· Determine required project resources and costs and negotiate with customer. Oversee research projects, ensuring budget constraints and project record keeping requirements are observed. Define and manage the quality and quantity of research services.
· Actively participate in general secondary research initiatives, e.g. participating in Research workgroups at local, regional or global level etc.
· Contribute to the development of research assets that differentiate Accenture Research in the market, e.g., forecasting of market trends, modelling of survey data to size markets/growth opportunities, impact evaluation of digital innovation, etc.
· Deepen and refine our expertise in emerging technologies sources and subject matter (issues and trends) that are relevant.
· Help with developing more junior researchers to position them to meet client demand
· A proven track record of people/team management experience would be a definite advantage.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
· Qualifications: Education: Bachelor’s Degree. Post-graduate degree in information studies/information science, marketing, business or economics a plus.
· Work Experience:
o Deep knowledge of the technology/Operations landscape and emerging technology trends with ideally market research experience or a demonstrated equivalent skill, preferably in a consulting environment, IT analyst firm, equity brokerage, software provider or IT services firm.
o Working experience collaborating in a global team of research professionals and coaching/managing a team is essential.
o Working with senior executive customers, who are the high end users of the research output.
o Experience of writing reports, thought leadership and presentations for delivery to internal and external audience
All of our Corporate Functions professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 28/08/2017
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.