Role: FS Banking Consultant
Operating Group: Financial Services
Travel: Up to 100%
Salary: £45,000 - £114,000
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
In Accenture Consulting, we focus on helping clients achieve profitable growth and solve their most pressing challenges; we do this by operating at the intersection of strategy, technology, digital and operations, providing a connected Consulting experience.
As the primary owners of client relationships, we take the best of Accenture’s five businesses (Strategy, Digital, Consulting, Operations and Technology) to our clients to provide unmatched industry knowledge, client experiences, strategic alliances, proprietary assets and subject matter experts to best serve clients and accelerate growth with end to end solutions.
Banking is an industry in rapid transition driven by shrinking margins, more demanding customers, digital innovation and the rise of new more nimble competitors. Accenture is responding to this by having experts who bring together the best of new, cutting edge technology and relevant industry experience and insight to help advise our clients facing these challenges. Accenture’s banking experts help our clients to design, build and implement agile and scalable solutions and deliver innovation in support of their transformation journey in an increasingly connected digital world.
What responsibilities will you have?
Working as a consultant, you will apply and build your core business, technology and industry expertise helping to deliver world-class solutions that enable our clients to become high performance businesses.
Consultants must be professionals who have an interest in how business processes work and interact. In addition, consultants need to apply their skills in project and programme management while exhibiting leadership in process re-engineering and implementation of technology and organisational change.
Required to have a strong working knowledge of the Banking industry and/or the functional areas they serve (for instance payments, credit, current account, savings, retail or business banking), Consultants in banking will be responsible for:
- Applying banking industry and technology expertise to advise, change, transform and deliver outcomes that enable our clients to become high performing businesses
- The management of multiple streams of work – with a focus on shaping solutions and coordinating work across multiple streams, ensuring a sensible, workable outcome
- Alignment of change delivery across both business and IT teams to ensure successful designs, solutions or implementations
- Advising on how agile methods of working help clients transform the way and the speed with which they deliver change
- Articulating key messages, risks and issues to senior management and client stakeholders
- Creation of deliverables and tangible outputs, including roadmaps and plans, approach and framework documents, and reports
- Actively contributing to our community and clients as practitioners, who can think logically, solve problems and engage others