Role: FS Banking Consultant, Senior Manager
Operating Group: Financial Services
Travel: Up to 100%
Salary: £45,000 - £114,000
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
In Accenture Consulting, we focus on helping clients achieve profitable growth and solve their most pressing challenges; we do this by operating at the intersection of strategy, technology, digital and operations, providing a connected Consulting experience.
As the primary owners of client relationships, we take the best of Accenture’s five businesses (Strategy, Digital, Consulting, Operations and Technology) to our clients to provide unmatched industry knowledge, client experiences, strategic alliances, proprietary assets and subject matter experts to best serve clients and accelerate growth with end to end solutions.
Banking is an industry in rapid transition driven by shrinking margins, more demanding customers, digital innovation and the rise of new more nimble competitors. Accenture is responding to this by having experts who bring together the best of new, cutting edge technology and relevant industry experience and insight to help advise our clients facing these challenges. Accenture’s banking experts help our clients to design, build and implement agile and scalable solutions and deliver innovation in support of their transformation journey in an increasingly connected digital world.
What responsibilities will you have?
Every day at Accenture is different and that’s what makes it such an exciting place to work. Helping our clients means being close to them, getting to know them and how they work, and the challenges they face. Most Senior Managers spend the majority of their time working on client sites leading projects of change and delivery with our banking clients. There is an expectation of personal development responsibilities as well as practice building. We want you to become a practitioner who, based on your unique blend of consulting skills, business acumen and previous experience, can help develop others in the community of practice and drive new client solutions.
Projects vary in size and duration but you will need to manage a programme as well as the team around you, stakeholders and senior client leadership.
Senior Managers in banking will be responsible for:
- Applying your core business, technology and banking industry knowledge and experience to advise, change, transform and deliver outcomes that enable our clients to become high performing businesses
- Being professionals who demonstrate a strong interest in how business processes work and interact
- Applying skills in project and programme management across multiple streams of work – with a particular focus on shaping solutions and coordinating work to ensure a sensible, workable outcome
- Alignment of change delivery across both business and IT teams to ensure successful designs, solutions or implementations
- Managing medium sized teams (of 6 – 30 people) whilst mentoring and encouraging professional growth of members of the team
- Actively contributing to our community and clients as practitioners, who can think logically, solve problems and engage others
- Advising on how agile methods of working to help clients transform the way and the speed with which they deliver change