Job Location: Location Negotiable
Job Number: 00423254 00423254_en
Role: Technology Strategy Senior Manager
Why Accenture Strategy?
In the world of strategy today, it is about the future, and in the future, technology is the disruptor. Digital technology is changing competitive landscapes and creating new opportunities for almost every organization. This situation plays directly to Accenture's strengths; operating at the intersection of business and technology. With Accenture Strategy, we have created what we believe is the strategy firm of the future. It’s a very exciting place to be!
Our 8,000+ strong team of strategists combine deep business insight and tremendous technology understanding within the context of our client’s industry. There is no one player who can bring all of that together at the scale and with the degree of integration that Accenture can. This is what our clients’ current challenges and opportunities demand of us and it is what makes us different to any other strategy firm in the market.
Accenture Strategy solves complex business challenges at the intersect of business and technology. We take a specialist led, value based approach to identifying the right technology strategies for our clients.
Technology Strategy is a critical, fast growing component of our overall Strategy practice. We focus on developing company-wide strategies that exploit disruptive technologies as well as advising our Fortune 500 CIO clients on how to reimagine their IT operating models, architectures and governance.
With your impressive knowledge of the evolving digital landscape, disruptive technologies and trends in technology strategy, you will lead high performance teams to address priority C-suite issues with precision and speed.
Are you known for your ability to identify and solve the most challenging client problems through combining deep value chain knowledge and technology expertise? Can you describe the value of the exploitation of technology? If you show a flair for innovation, approach challenges with curiosity and can move quickly from problem to outcome in shaping and transforming client businesses, then we want to hear from you.
Your Role: Technology Strategy Senior Manager
There will never be a typical day at Accenture, that’s why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are limitless in this ever-changing business landscape.
Here are just a few of your day-to-day responsibilities.
· Leading teams of strategists to shape and develop comprehensive technology strategies, including IT opportunity assessment, investment portfolio management, information strategy, sourcing strategy, enterprise architecture strategy and more
· Working with industry and business specialists to shape, develop and implement client visions, road maps and governance to address today's business needs and support future growth
· Overseeing the development of detailed and actionable business cases and plans which reflect our practice’s deep industry, IT and business process acumen
· Identifying where our clients need to build the required capabilities for growth and innovation in order to sustain high performance
· Developing new ideas to discuss with potential clients, including working with client teams to identify and develop opportunities
· Owning and shaping CIO and other C-suite relationships
· Leading multi-disciplinary teams to shape, secure, communicate and implement programs
· Owning and developing our thought leadership at the intersect of business and technology
· Leading, mentoring and developing our people
Your Experience - We’re looking for experience in one or more of the following areas:
· IT Strategy: Experience in the business application of technology, an analytical and rigorous approach, business case experience, ability to turn data into insightful executive summaries
· IT Innovation: Digital-focused experience of identifying and exploiting new value streams enabled by leading edge technologies
· IT Operating Model: IT process excellence oriented experience, operating model design and transformation
· IT Workforce: People Change experience within an IT environment, organization design and transformation
· IT Commercial: IT commercial background, good knowledge of IT Service Integrator Models, outsourcing advisory, experience with contract negotiations and service contracts
· Enterprise Architecture: Experience in helping clients establish a vision, roadmap and governance. Experience in Enterprise Architecture tools such as Troux, Mega, Alfabet etc. Exposure to industry frameworks such as TOGAF.
· Application Strategy: Experience in helping clients re-position their technology portfolio to fuel growth by balancing cost and capability.
Set Yourself Apart: Preferred Qualifications
· Extensive consulting experience and recognition as a Technology Strategy specialist
· Strong desire to work in technology-driven business transformation and curiosity around opportunities and threats posed by innovation and industry convergence
· Expert knowledge of, and passion for, technology trends e.g. Robotics, Big Data, Advanced Machine Learning, Internet of Things
· A strong understanding of industry operations, dynamics and trends through experience in one or more of the following industries: Financial Services, Telecoms, Media, Technology, Life Sciences, Retail and Consumer Packaged Goods
· Highly credible with the ability to engage broadly on the CIO agenda and personal and professional attributes required to convince senior client stakeholders to take bold actions and lead them through major change
· Strong and proven track record in generating new ideas for clients that they wish to take forward with Accenture
· Strong analytical skills, understanding of complex issues, the ability to quickly absorb information, conceptual and creative problem solving excellence
· Equally comfortable in the role of business or IT strategist; able to rapidly assess the IT implications of business strategy and the business implications of IT strategy
· First class written and verbal communication skills; the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner
· Proven experience in leading teams to deliver new strategies or capabilities while developing, mentoring and inspiring team members
· Commercial management of consulting engagements
· Leadership; the ability to easily establish trust-based relationships and gain valuable insights through collaboration and communication
· Drive; enjoys a challenge, proven ability to adapt and remove obstacles to achieve results, determination and optimism
· Flexibility to accommodate client travel requirements
Bachelor Degree (2:1 preferred)
You must have proven experience in the development of technology strategiesMinimum of 7 years’ consulting experience or relevant Technology Strategy background
Our Commitment to You
We are looking for an expert with exceptional knowledge of the financial services sector as well as the ability to influence business leaders. You will enjoy the freedom to innovate and the support to excel. We will expect a lot from you but you will get the same in return:
· Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement
· You’ll make a difference for some impressive clients. Accenture Strategy serves 72 of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects
· Opportunities to learn through executive training at Accenture’s global Strategy College, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company
· Access to leading-edge technology
· Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package that includes a range of market-relevant benefits and programs to help you manage the demands of work and life.
Great things can happen—they already are. Come and be a part of the next level of high performance.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 336,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$30.0 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2014. Its home page is
Native or near-native command of spoken and written English.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.