Role: Performance Engineering Consultant
Location: London, Manchester & Edinburgh
Travel: up to 100%
Salary: £43,000 - £80,000 + Benefits (based on experience and level)
Closing Date: 28th September 2018.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Technology powers our clients to achieve high performance. We combine business and industry insights with innovative technology to drive growth for your business. We extend our technology and business capabilities through a powerful alliance ecosystem of market leaders and innovators to provide our clients the best specialised skills and tailored solutions.
We are focused on aligning IT with business priorities, enabling a digital Accenture and driving down the cost of IT, while working to provide all of our employees with the capabilities to run a high-performing business!
If you join Accenture, you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies - our clients. Accenture's Performance Engineering group provides custom developed business solutions that deliver value and high performance.
The Performance Engineer will use testing, modelling, diagnostic tools and architecture reviews to help prevent and diagnose application performance issues across the development lifecycle. This person will be responsible for working with existing application development and architecture teams to identify, diagnose, and report on performance issues within the application landscape.
Successful applicants will be assigned to client facing roles, across a wide variety of industry sectors (including financial services, high-technology and communications, utilities, government and retail clients). They could be leading small Accenture teams, or a mix of client and Accenture professionals. They will therefore need good people management skills, to complement your technical and delivery experience.
Key Responsibilities include:
The Performance Engineer candidates might come from a diversity of backgrounds including application/technical architecture, application development, performance testing, production performance monitoring, capacity management and planning and will have developed skills to operate in the following areas:
- Application of a rigorous and structured approach across; performance testing, non-functional testing (availability, failover), performance diagnostics, capacity planning, performance architecture design, performance monitoring, or code profiling
- Planning and managing one of the following teams (dependent on grade): performance diagnostic, performance/non-functional testing, performance monitoring or application development team
- Working within a structured environment, including the use of structured methods and approaches (e.g. PRINCE2, CMM) and modern development tools
- Proven success in contributing to a team-orientated environment
- Proven abilities to quickly analyse and understand application architectures and deployment infrastructures.
- Proven abilities to distil volumes of data, analyse performance results, and formulate diagnostic strategies.
- Proven abilities to clearly characterise system performance to stakeholders.
- Proven abilities to work creatively and analytical in a problem-solving environment
- Previous relevant experience working with a consulting environment using PMO methodologies and systems
- Demonstrate experience on projects across a variety of industry sectors
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent Leadership, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated career progress to date
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 28/09/2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
Federal - Full Stack Developer
Design thinking transformation agilist FS Technology Advisor - Senior Manager+++
Business & Technology Integration
SRE/DevOps Transformation Lead FS Technology Advisor - Senior Manager ++++
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.