Job Location: London, Manchester, Midlothian - Edinburgh
Job Number: 00412985 00412985_en-GB
Closing Date 31/08/17
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
In Accenture Consulting, we focus on helping clients achieve profitable growth and solve their most pressing challenges; we do this by operating at the intersection of strategy, technology, digital and operations, providing a connected Consulting experience.
As the primary owners of client relationships, we take the best of Accenture’s five businesses (Strategy, Digital, Consulting, Operations and Technology) to our clients to provide unmatched industry knowledge, client experiences, strategic alliances, proprietary assets and subject matter experts to best serve clients and accelerate growth with end to end solutions.
Accenture is looking to further strengthen its Finance and Risk practice as we are continuing to see high demand from our clients in an evolving industry landscape. Core to this is the area of Finance & Treasury where we are looking for people who have a natural interest and experience in FS Finance & Risk Transformation and the impacts it may have on our client’s business, processes and systems.
Specific Growth Areas within Finance & Treasury:
- Structural reform and integrated operating models – Assessment of structural reform on finance function across processes, controls, governance, reporting, people and systems and changes required to support new operating model, i.e. Service Company, Shared Service Centre or dual functions
- Capital and liquidity optimisation - Knowledge of bank Treasury processes e.g. ALM, Capital Management, Liquidity and Funding. Strong knowledge of the Regulatory rule-set that impacts bank Treasurers, especially Capital and Liquidity rules (e.g. Leverage ratio, NSFR, LCR). Experience of interacting with Treasurers and Treasury specialists.
- Finance Response to Regulation – Familiarity with current and emerging regulations with impacts on the finance operating models (people, process, data, and systems) of financial services institutions. Understanding of the nature of these impacts on clients and how they are addressed. Examples include new IFRS (particularly IFRS 9) and the Common Reporting Standard.
- Effective Finance Operations - Deep understanding and experience of operational excellence levers and the practical application of process excellence (Lean Six Sigma), organisation efficiency, and service and footprint models.
- Cost Management – Experience in detailed analysis and validation to provide visibility and transparency across the enterprise cost base. Identification and validation of initiatives to address cost base of an enterprise – headcount reduction, off shoring, system decommissioning, process improvement, automation and robotics. Mobilisation of processes, governance and reporting to support execution and benefits realisation
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Proven track record of large scale, multi-year and complex programme deliveries in Financial Services
- Track record of communicating and influencing at a senior management level
- An expert understanding of Financial Services
- Good understanding of Finance, Operations and Risk functions
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented consensus builder with strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to lead project working groups and possesses strong facilitation and data gathering skills.
What academic qualifications do you need?
- Qualified accountant or qualifies by experience preferred
About Accenture Finance & Risk Services
Accenture Finance & Risk Services help Financial Services firms focus on three of their key challenges - increasing profitability, reducing complexity and managing regulations.
Accenture Finance & Risk Services is structured as a set of ‘domains’, each representing ‘functional’ areas our clients are currently investing in. Within each of these domains we have both management consulting and technology resources. Our people are not ‘hard-locked’ to a specific domain but rather they provide a focus point for skills building, project alignment and investment. Our 8 Domains are: Regulation & Compliance, Regulatory Remediation, Financial Risk Management, Fraud and Financial Crime, Finance & Treasury, Finance & Risk Transformation, Conduct of Business and Data Analysis & Insight.
Accenture draws on its end-to-end transformation capabilities as well as core strengths in management consulting, technology, analytics and outsourcing to help firms address complex Risk Management, Fraud and Financial Crime and Finance change related issues.
We primarily work with leading Investment, Corporate and Retail Banks and Insurers. Accenture is looking for candidates that have an excellent knowledge of how banks and Insurers operate their Risk Management, Fraud and Financial Crime and Finance functions and the current challenges they face. Candidates should also be credible in working on client change projects and have leadership and stakeholder engagement skills that can be used immediately on client facing work.
We are looking for high performing management consultants to join our Financial Services team within Accenture’s Finance & Risk Services (AFRS) Finance & Treasury Domain. For more information about what we do please visit: www.accenture.com/FinanceAndRisk
What’s in it for you?
All of our Consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes XX days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/17
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.