Job Location: London
Salary: £40,000 - £100,000
Travel: up to 80%
Closing Date: 31/08/2019
(Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found)
Our Architects are technology experts, who build and deliver high-quality and innovative technology solutions that help our clients to be successful and change the way their people and customers experience work, life and entertainment. Technology skills are valued and recognised through our Master Technology Architect programme.
The role is within a specialized cloud-native architecture team, your key focus areas:
· Designing, prototyping, and delivering end-to-end solutions in cloud, hybrid, or on-premise (but cloud-ready) configurations, to respond to clients’ needs for cost-efficiency, increased competition, and agility to respond to new business opportunities
· Serving as a PaaS and cloud evangelist, educating customers of all sizes on their value
· Creating thought leadership on cloud native applications and technology architecture
· Creating business cases for technology and organisational transformation to enable migration to or utilisation of cloud and/or PaaS technologies
· Assessing and recommending the best of breed technology solutions to address client needs
· Developing solution architecture, implementation plans and estimates
· Designing and deploying enterprise-wide scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, secure and reliable applications on cloud and PaaS technologies
· Acting as an SME, supporting delivery teams with migrating complex, multi-tier applications, or building new capabilities, on cloud and PaaS
· Supporting delivery teams throughout the delivery life-cycle to ensure that the solution will have high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability
· Creating innovative, reusable solutions that can be taken to market
· Mentoring and developing skills of Junior Architects
What we are after:
We're looking for people who can work through the life-cycle of a project. Dependent on experience we are looking to recruit at all levels, from Senior Analyst to Senior Manager.
You will need:
· A passion for Technology Architecture and Delivery
· Experience in developing trusted relationships with clients at Senior level
· Leadership abilities - transfer vision into results
· A collaborative and team-building attitude
· Ability to travel and work on-site with our clients
· Strong communication skills (speaking, writing, listening)
Your Technology skills:
· Understanding of End-to-End architecture and its different perspectives (execution, development and operations architecture)
· Hands on developing applications or operating virtual infrastructure in cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM Bluemix or equivalent)
· Exposure to Compute, Storage, Databases and Messaging services native to cloud platforms
· Delivery experience on Docker Swarm, Redhat OpenShift or Kubernetes
· Working knowledge of DevOps technologies around Continuous Integration & Delivery
· Familiarity with various delivery methodologies including Agile
Your Industry & Functional skills:
Our team has the freedom to operate in multiple industries, including Financial Services, Resources, Products, Communications and Health & Public Services. We welcome all Industry backgrounds.
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science or another relevant field;
· Minimum 2 years hands-on experience in architecting, designing or implementing solutions on AWS
· AWS certified professional (preferred)
What’s in it for you?
· Comprehensive and regular formal and informal training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development
· Extensive benefits package including up to 30 days’ holiday per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice
· Flexible working arrangements
· Access to mentorship programme
· Access a dedicated community to support you with all aspects of family life (becoming a new parent, returning to work after parental leave, dealing with fertility problems, adoption, step-parenting, eldercare and more)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions —underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.