January 07, 2015
Bullet Point Blog: Social Side to Accenture
By: Simon Coton
Most people look for more than just a job role when joining a company, despite the hard working nature of employees I am happy to say that the social side does still exist here!
Client site: (usually 3-4 days for most people per week)
- Dinners - this may not sound particularly glamorous but is an easy and frequent way to relax after working a day on client site. As part of our team we regularly have dinners together before heading our own ways.
- Gym: Another good way to relax when staying away from London is to use the gym (be warned however as some hotel gyms leave something to be desired).
- Project team socials: These are the most fun and social events you will get to take part in! Below I have summarised the different events my team has organised..
- Bowling and meal - bowling balls , booze and food, you can imagine the variety of bowls we had, including an impressive (accidental) shotput style throw across three lanes. Rating 10/10
- Leaving drinks - when someone leaves/rolls off the project we usually celebrate by having leaving drinks. Rating 7/10
- Tapas then clubbing- strange combination but it happened, a meal consisting of Spanish Tapas followed by lots of drinks in a London bar. Rating 8/10
- Account kick-off - hiring out a karaoke machine at the account MD's house with food and drink provided. This was followed by a night clubbing in Leicester.. when the London drink prices are so high it is dangerous letting a group of consultants free roam the cheap nightlife in Leicester. Rating 9/10
- Intern drinks - each week on a Friday intern drinks are held around various bars in London
- Intern lunches - for those based in London, it is common to meet up for lunch on almost a daily basis, this helps you keep in contact with the other interns.
- Christmas Party - Medieval Banquet - unlimited ale and wine, four course dinner and performances between each course, unique and hilarious experience.