Descripción Del Puesto
About Accenture Research
Accenture Research provides data, analysis and insights to Accenture, working closely with the Banking Practice Leads and heads of each of the industries, geographies and businesses. We work in three main areas:
- Marketplace knowledge, Data IP, & futures: helping Accenture understand markets and companies and identifying ways in which we can help clients become high-performance businesses and governments. Understanding consumers, distribution and ecosystem partners to advise our clients to create the most value. Developing unique market and industry narratives, creating new data sets relevant to Banking, and reporting on the futures of Banking are relevant examples of this work.
- Research assets for client work: develop research that compels clients and where we work alongside our colleagues from the practice to provide research and industry expertise. Typical work with our clients might be to analyse their digital innovation strategy and activities against key players in the market; to analyse new and emerging competitors, identify untapped areas of growth or project future trends and their likely impact on the business. Importantly, developing research lead scalable assets are critical deliverables.
- Thought capital and industry points of view: Develop cutting-edge points of view from the comprehensive set of new research assets and IP to reshape the market. This might be to drive customer outcomes, shape CEO thinking, support clients, the media and in conferences. Accenture Research helps create and write those viewpoints. Many of our projects are published and quoted in the press.
In all cases the Banking Research Associate Manager will be expected to help developing, managing and planning for the research, writing and thought leadership elements across the above three pillars.
Successful researchers Identify the issue, evaluate new data, develop new insight and fearlessly & objectively report for the benefit of our Banking market. Successful research is not a back-office activity; it requires people who not only have strong research skills but who also have a client-focused mentality and an outgoing and confident personal style. Successful researchers build deep relationships with their peers and senior executives in the practice and work as a team, sometimes responding to requests and sometimes proposing (and selling) research ideas.
We have ~300 researchers in our international team. Most specialize in an industry or business line (such as Strategy or Supply Chain); some bring a particular research skill (such as survey research, data science skills or financial analysis) and many combine two or more areas of expertise. On any given project we will bring together researchers with the best combination of industry, geographic and technical skills to provide the relevant expertise for the task.
This Banking Research Associate Manager role is in our industry team of about 20 Banking researchers worldwide and who will work directly with the practice and other members of the research team to support Accenture’s business. This role reports into a European Banking research executive. Responsibilities will include helping develop Banking research assets for the Spanish Banking practice, help prepare C-level presentations and support Banking offerings programs. The individual will build strong relationships with local and European leadership, scoping and selling new projects and managing the research programs, vendors/partners required to support these efforts. Research opportunities will be a mix of local and global projects, both for internal Accenture objectives and directly for Accenture clients.
Importantly, responsibilities will also include developing and managing external relationships (e.g. to Banking associations and analysts) and curating data for the Banking practice (e.g. financial benchmarks). While it is assumed the researcher will focus on Banking projects, there may be occasions in which they will work on projects outside this core industry to develop cross-industry experiences or points of view.
We are looking for someone with established expertise in Banking industry research, market research, company analyses, industry data analysis (e.g. financial and segmental performance data analysis), strong analytical and issue-based problem solving skills, quantitative skills and modeling skills, business acumen and a client-ready presence and client service mindset who will help increasing the capabilities, offerings and talents for Banking research. Of paramount importance are tenacity, accountability, personal drive and an eagerness to learn and apply new skills and knowledge.
This role is in our Spain team in Madrid.
We are looking for someone who has the following core skill sets:
- A passion for and expertise in the Banking industry: A very good understanding of the Banking industry (especially the Spanish Banking market) is a prerequisite, including knowledge of: Banking value chain, market dynamics, Bank’s ecosystem and players (including Fintech), with emphasis on the local market; key consumer journey, trends and drivers; major industry players, scope of business and recent activities; product and go to market processes; structure of companies’ operations; and company financial drivers and critical metrics for evaluating performance are all necessary. In today’s environment, it is also critical that the individual understand how digital technology is transforming the industry and changing how consumers and Banks behave. Understanding of Accenture’s scope of work in this industry is a plus.
- Issue-based problem solving and structured communication skills: We want researchers who can identify key issues and, in a logical, structured manner, use these issues to drive their efforts. We also expect individuals to draw out the implications of the research they conduct and tell a compelling, business-focused story about the data that is relevant to Accenture’s business and clients. We are looking for insights, and insights communicated/presented, not just information.
- Quantitative analysis & Business acumen: Individuals must possess a fundamental understanding of micro and macroeconomic drivers that influence industry opportunities and ability to use strategic frameworks (e.g., Porter’s five forces, 4 Ps, 3 Cs) to analyze market conditions, competitive landscape and individual company performance. The ability to effectively model and analyze large data sets is a requirement. Additionally, some knowledge of operational Banking data sets is required (e.g. operational benchmarking data)
- Research & writing skills: We expect researchers to be able to take an issue and turn it into a researchable question, adeptly scope the research effort and cost it accurately, and expertly use most (but not necessarily all) research techniques such as secondary database searching, company analysis, market analysis, strategic analysis frameworks, interview-based research and financial analysis. Researchers must also be detail-oriented and follow quality assurance procedures. Researchers should be able to effectively communicate the hypotheses methods, and data insights into prose and presentation.
- Sales and customer management: You will be expected to take an active role in generating new projects. Critical to this objective is facilitating discussion to uncover new opportunities, understanding your customers’ key issues, and then being able to outline a clear plan of action with a well-defined value proposition. Your customers should see you as a trusted advisor and key partner in achieving their business goals. Over time, you will be expected to generate your own pipeline of work and bring in other researchers to help deliver.
- Teaming and communication skills: As an Associate manager, you are expected to engage in a team of researchers to execute high-quality projects. While you would be based in an office with a number of other Researchers, the Banking Research team is very much a virtual one and you will need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with colleagues from different cultures and in different locations. Experience of work on the telephone or in a remote team would be highly advantageous. You must also be able to clearly and persuasively present your research findings to senior-level clients – either in person or on the phone – and defend your work. Researchers should be polished and confident, without being arrogant, and able to clearly and concisely articulate a point of view. Finally, as a baseline, we expect you to be able to work in PowerPoint and create well-structured, clearly written presentations with graphs and charts where necessary; in addition, as presentation options expand, we expect you to learn new and innovative media (e.g. PowerBI).
- Structured problem solving and business assessment and quantitative analysis/data modeling
- Value analysis and insight development
- Effective communication and writing in prose and presentation
- Well-developed quantitative skills to draw insights e.g., Financial analysis, market data analysis etc., and Banking specific data sets.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Project management skills
- English-language skills, both written and oral
In terms of career development there will be tremendous scope to expand and build on this role at the Associate Manager level. Associate Managers are expected to have and continue to build deep expertise, and to operate with a certain level of autonomy – building and managing their own book of business. A dynamic, proactive researcher will find many opportunities to learn and grow at Accenture. The next promotion step is to Manager, with the expectation that Managers have responsibility for leading teams and pieces of the business. Promotion opportunities are not based on time in the role but on the business need (demand) and the readiness of an individual.
The research team is genuinely a great place to work (we recently scored amongst the highest in the firm for employee engagement). There will be times when you work long and hard, but we put life/work balance very high on our agenda. In addition, as part of a global team, we seek to maintain flexibility in our work style.
Qualifications: Master of Business Administration, Master degree or equivalent from a top institution. PhD, Post-graduation or Specialization concluded or under course will be considered a differentiation factor
- Business research experience, preferably in a consulting environment, market research firm, think tank, financial institution, or other third party research organization or demonstrated equivalent skill
- Proven knowledge of Banking market dynamics, industry corporate & financial approaches, global economics, and data sets in this segment are required
- Ability to analyze trends, insights and analytics impacting changes in consumers, distribution and ecosystem partners are required
- Previous research-based and marketplace reporting, data journalism, product management or strategic planning experience are a plus
- Previous industry publication authorship, management, channel development is a plus
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity
Igualdad de Oportunidades en el Empleo
USA CA - San Jose
Applied Artificial Intelligence (AI) Research Scientist
Research & Innovation
publicada 3 días publicada
USA CA - San Francisco
Digital Experiences Research Associate Principal
Research & Innovation
publicada 4 días publicada
USA CA - San Francisco
Accenture Labs Engagement Manager
Research & Innovation
publicada 6 días publicada
La Vida en Accenture
Trabaja donde te sientas inspirado para explorar tus pasiones, donde tu talento se potencie. Innova con las tecnologías más punteras del mercado trabajando en los proyectos más innovadores que puedas imaginar.
AMBIENTE DE TRABAJO
Da lo mejor de ti mismo cada día trabajando en un ambiente de trabajo que potencia la innovación en todo lo que haces.
FORMACIÓN Y DESARROLLO
Tómate tu tiempo para formarte y desarrollarte ya sea en nuestros centros regionales de aprendizaje, a través de las aulas conectadas, cursos online o paneles de aprendizaje.
Acerca de Accenture
Nuestros más de 500.000 profesionales en más de 120 países combinan una experiencia inigualable y conocimientos especializados en más de 40 industrias. Impulsamos el cambio para crear valor y éxito compartido para cada uno de nuestros clientes, personas, accionistas, socios y comunidades.