Are you ready to step up to the New and take your technology expertise to the next level?
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
As part of our Advanced Technology & Architecture (AT&A) practice, you will lead technology innovation for our clients through robust delivery of world-class solutions. You will build better software better! There will never be a typical day and that’s why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing technology landscape. You will be part of a growing network of technology experts who are highly collaborative taking on today’s biggest, most complex business challenges. We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. Come grow your career in technology at Accenture!
The Performance Engineering practice within Accenture Technology is focused on optimizing the performance and scalability of enterprise applications through the combination of:
- Testing: Analyzing, planning and executing production-like simulations across mobile and web solutions to identify & remediate performance problems, prevent production outages, and guarantee predictable performance.
- Diagnostics & Monitoring: Instrumenting the complete application architecture to provide real user and system performance data to provide insight into the root cause of all application bottlenecks, enable real time visibility to reduce risk exposure.
- Performance Analytics: Measuring the relationship between end-to-end performance, user behavior, and business goals to maximize the digital business, improve business KPIs, and increase client retention.
- Business Optimization: Empowering digital businesses with contextual intelligence to visualize, quantify and maximize the business value of performance to improve the quality & performance of the business, increase customer satisfaction, and protect brand reputation.
As an Application Performance Diagnostic Engineer, some of your key responsibilities may include:
- Defining the strategy for enabling performance diagnostics and monitoring through the use of an Application Performance Management (APM) tool, other monitoring tools, and diagnostic techniques.
- Identifying, evaluating, and recommending monitoring tools and diagnostic techniques relevant to the application architecture. Assess gaps in as-is monitoring tool capabilities and recommend tools to augment or replace.
- Learning an application's design to assess for performance risks and identify areas to apply past learnings
- Instrumenting applications to enable performance diagnostics and monitoring
- Collaborating with Performance Engineering leads and project team to review and refine application NFRs, SLAs, & KPIs to create acceptance criteria and performance budgets necessary to measure, validate, and improve performance
- Collaborating with developers to promote the concept of performance engineering during all phases of the SDLC to detect and correct performance issues earlier in the lifecycle
- Monitoring application performance during performance tests or production usage through the use of APM and other monitoring tools to isolate the fault domain, dive deep into application code, and identify root cause of performance issues.
- Utilizing static code and dynamic code analysis to identify performance and maintenance concerns
- Profiling application performance from end-user perspective to inventory performance concerns and suggest tuning opportunities across the application stack
- Performing deep dive JVM analysis examining garbage collection logs, heap dumps, and thread dumps as needed.
- Documenting performance findings and recommendations
- Interacting with client and/or Accenture development, operations, and infrastructure resources to recommend solutions to remediate performance issues
- Participating in re-architecture, redesign, and refactoring decisions to satisfy performance requirements
- Developing dashboards and reports to provide ongoing visibility into the performance of client applications
- Contributing learnings and experiences to the Accenture Performance Engineering community