Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture's or our clients' business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies.
Imagine being part of team that helps transform leading organizations and communities around the world!
At Accenture we put innovation at the heart of everything we do and coupled with our core values of client value creation, one global network, respect for the individual, best people, integrity and stewardship, we offer careers that provide unparalleled opportunities for career growth and job satisfaction.
Ethics & Compliance is part of our CORE (Compliance, Operations, Regulatory and Ethics) group in Legal. Our professionals work closely with other Legal teams, corporate and business functions to ensure we do business in a responsible and compliant way, and help bring our values to life, every day, with a focus on building and maintaining trust of our people, clients, suppliers and partners. We identify and manage legal, business and commercial risks and provide high quality guidance and advice to our organization.
The Ethics and V&A Compliance Senior Counsel role will lead two Ethics programs and teams in Accenture’s Ethics & Compliance function in Legal, with managerial oversight of (1) Accenture’s program around addressing personal conflicts of interests of Accenture employees and (2) identifying and advising on Ethics & Compliance (E&C) risks related to Accenture’s ventures and acquisition activities, including designing, implementing and monitoring post-close mitigation actions. Additionally, the role assesses the effectiveness of the integration of acquisitions into Accenture’s E&C program and culture by tracking acquisitions across the deal life cycle, from due diligence to post-merger integration (PMI) and after the transition to Accenture systems at go-live/cutover.
- Managing Accenture’s intake tool for personal conflicts of interest, tracking and advising leadership on precedents, managing a small team responsible for triaging request for approvals (particularly around outside activities such as involvement with boards of directors), and working with the business and Legal stakeholders to tee up recommendations around approvals for Accenture Chief Compliance Officer and General Counsel and other leaders;
- Evaluate information about acquired businesses (including risks arising from business profile, offerings, services, geography, clients and partners) for risks related to the anticorruption, anti-money laundering, competition law, data privacy, government compliance, trade compliance and related compliance programs;
- Collaborate with E&C SMEs, V&A Legal Leads and V&A Legal Integration teams to design risk assessments (calibrated to a deal’s risk profile risk) and request information for review, both during pre-close due diligence and during the integration phase;
- Identify risks, design mitigations and oversee the implementation of PMI plans with V&A Legal Integration teams and other teams involved in PMI.
- Assess the integration of acquired companies into Accenture’s E&C Program and culture in order to assess the effectiveness and impact on the ethical culture of the acquisition, including, but not limited to: analyzing E&C training trends, identifying focus areas with monitoring teams, coordinating with investigations teams and HR teams to review trends in incidents and other indicators of ethical culture, reviewing post-merger audits and other efforts to assess an acquisition’s transition to Accenture; and
- Effectively work remotely with global teams, to provide advice and guidance in an engaged, business focused and pragmatic manner.
- Travel required as needed (likely <10%)
- Must have ability to effectively work with others remotely, manage a schedule with global stakeholders.