Accenture is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Accenture will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Accenture encourages applicants of all ages.
Global Legal Network (GLN) is a group of professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centres of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
CORE and Global Services (CGS) is a group of legal professionals working and supporting different legal areas such as Compliance, Regulatory Offerings, Ethics, Procurement, Corporate Matters and the Services Areas aligned with the new offerings and technologies.
Strategic Growth Initiatives, Role Summary – Global Services Legal (GSL) Includes delivering subject matter guidance, support, and solutions to legal and business teams, covering the services and/or areas such as the following: Technology Innovation, Assets & Solutions, Security, Cloud, Song, Metaverse, Sustainability Industry X, Strategy & Consulting, and Operations. Candidates may apply to the concerned above-mentioned areas.
AAI is the world’s largest team of data scientists, data engineers, and experts in artificial intelligence. AAI believes a mix of data, analytics, automation, and responsible AI can do almost anything—spark digital metamorphoses, widen the range of what humans can do, and breathe life into smart products and services. This Counsel supports the various businesses within AAI. Access here for more information about AAI businesses.
Management Level Description
- Requires analysis and solving of complex problems. Typically creates new solutions, leveraging and, where needed, adapting existing methods and procedures.
- Requires understanding of the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Interaction is with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture, involving matters that may require acceptance of an alternate approach.
Authority: Some latitude in decision-making. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
Impact or Decision Impact: Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility.
- Excellent understanding of Legal/GLN, and GSL area needs, goals, strategy, and opportunities, with very good understanding of relevant company policies
- Enhance subject-matter knowledge and proficiency in the concerned support area, act as a point of contact and escalation point for support area, understand, suggest, and encourage process improvements in the support area, build credible and effective relationships with onshore counsels and within GLN team.
- Supervise the management of SharePoint and communication records, ensure creation of checklists and other process documents.
- Identify and implement new initiatives in GSL support area or within Legal/GLN, ability to represent GLN, directly liaison with internal stakeholders on various issues, identify and drive trainings for the team for upskilling and professional development.
- Represent GLN; directly liaison with internal stakeholders on various issues, build credible and effective relationships with onshore counsels and within GLN team.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior members of the team, effective management of direct reports and team; quick conflict resolution, provide feedback to team members and drive talent discussions for the team.
- Collaborate with tech team in development of new tool or enhancement of existing ones, supervise implementation of new initiatives in CGS support area or within Legal/GLN, and commit to ‘give back’ to GLN/Legal.
Specific Responsibilities aligned to Role
GLN resources partner with Legal teams across Accenture to align areas of work and drive efficiencies to ensure the best delivery of Legal services to our business clients. This role consists of product and/or offering legal counsel within the applicable area of support in GSL. The GLN GSL resource may be asked to provide support in any of the following areas and over time will develop their skills to work on such projects independently:
- Offerings & Solutions: Shape offerings and solutions by conducting assessments and providing recommendations and tools that mitigate risks while enabling desired outcomes for the business. This includes analysis of ad hoc licensing arrangements for tools and software used by the business, as well as Offering/Asset investigation and clearance in coordination with technical resources/teams to facilitate open-source software, data privacy, ECATT, vendor contract reviews;
- Business Risk: Provide risk assessments and recommendations to the applicable business team, including on implementation of risk management practices. Helping to shape commercial models to manage legal and commercial risk;
- Regulatory Compliance: Collaborating with enabling regulatory compliance. Help provide regulatory compliance reviews & advice to applicable geographies, including future-looking projections of any anticipated regulatory changes with potential impact on our business and on the strategic growth initiatives areas;
- Client Opportunity: Enable Accenture’s Sales & Delivery legal team (contracting and contract management professionals) to efficiently handle day-to-day contracting on GSL Offerings and/or Software Solutions. Providing contracting tools such as guidance and templates to business and legal teams, and supporting relevant approvals and escalations where applicable;
- Ventures &Acquisitions (V&A): Support Accenture’s V&As legal team and business leadership in the evaluation of prospective acquisition targets, development of post-merger integration strategy and divestiture activity;
- Strategic Alliance & Partnerships: interact with Resale and/or Strategic Partnering teams to help shape new strategic alliances and partnerships, including capability sourcing via vendor and resale/agency transactions;
- Responsible Business: Work with other teams and participating in initiatives to create frameworks related to cutting edge, cross-industry topics that address technology, ethics, human rights, legal and societal issues;
- Business Operations Projects: Provide legal support to business-owned enterprise initiatives/programs, including adjusting Accenture policies and procedures to accommodate requirements of Accenture business, and;
- Other type of responsibilities may include: (a) providing legal advice to Accenture business teams and to deal facing professionals, (b) independently drafting, analyzing, reviewing and/or negotiating low to high complexity agreements and documents, (c) performing legal research of laws and regulations or technical aspects applicable to assigned requests, (d) assisting with contract benchmarking, (e) helping produce and/or deliver trainings, (f) leading specific ad-hoc projects, planning strategy, coordinating team members and aligning with other areas, (g) working with the business teams to evaluate inbound technology and data supply templates/agreements and outbound or client facing templates in different geographies, industries and regulatory environments, and (f) supporting clean teams (protocol audits, training / onboarding to new team members, exit / offboarding reviews)
- Accenture legal counsels, client commercial, procurement, contract management, business executives, outside counsels, vendors, corporate function.