Accenture is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Accenture will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Accenture encourages applicants of all ages.
Global Legal Network (GLN) is a group of professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centres of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
Legal Buyside Contracting (LBC) is a separate, focused legal function which is integral to Accenture's strategy and created to improve the efficiency and user experience for buyside contracting. It acts as a legal advisory services function that operates at scale and at speed, leveraging new processes and technologies.
Job Profile Summary:
To provide comprehensive legal support to Procurement and Business teams which includes drafting, reviewing, negotiation and execution of contracts, NDA’s and other documents relevant to procurement support in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and customer requirements. Provide advisory support to procurement and business teams by driving the creation of templates, standardize the templates, maintain and continuously improve the standard contracts templates and procedures for complex buyside deals in accordance with changing laws and company policies. Develop specialized subject-matter expertise in support area to seamlessly address any potential risks or issues.
Your Specific Responsibilities
- Draft, review and negotiate high value and high complex supplier/buyside agreements and similar/related documentation with Accenture suppliers in Austria, Switzerland and Germany (ASG), to procure various goods and services including but not limited to Contactors, Human Resources Support, IT & Telecom, Marketing & Communications, Workplace Support (Facilities & Services), Software as a Service etc. in accordance with Accenture’s supplier’s contracting standards, applicable laws, and business requirements.
- Customize existing templates to suit the business requirements thereby ensuring compliance to applicable local laws and Accenture’s vendor’s contracting standards.
- Review vendor templates and ensure that the deviations to the Accenture’s vendor’s contracting standards are timely identified and highlighted to the business whenever they pose as risks to Accenture operations.
- Participate in negotiations by representing company’ s interests and interface directly with client/ vendor negotiating teams with vendors, third parties, vendors etc., to agree to contractual terms in accordance with Accenture’s vendor’s contracting standards, applicable laws, and stakeholder requirements.
- Liaise and effectively collaborate with internal stakeholders such as deal teams, Solution Architects, Procurement, HR, Workplace, Finance, Marketing & Communications etc., as well as with external parties such as vendors, contractors, subcontractors etc. to ensure contractual risks are clearly identified and addressed in compliance with Accenture's policies and standards.
- Work closely with the stakeholders to help them understand the contractual clauses in terms of interpretation and its applicability in the contract basis the business opportunity.
- Advise the Business from legal perspective to address the potential contractual risks that may pose as risks to Accenture business operations.
- Conduct gap analysis and create legal risk assessment by identifying and flagging potential risks to Accenture and/or clauses which are non-negotiable. Provide recommendations to Business and other related stakeholders to sensitize them on the extent of risk Accenture exposes itself in context of the services and to minimize or mitigate such risks effectively.
- Independently work on vendor arrangements and/or works with other team members on high spend high risk deals and on complex engagements.
- Ensure quality assurance on the work product of junior and new team members within the support area through guidance, knowledge sharing and quality review support (e.g. conducting effective QA of other team members' deliverable)
- Manage the assigned tasks in a timely manner with minimal escalations.
- Escalate queries as appropriate to the team lead and where appropriate to any SME. Work with the team lead/SME to ensure such escalated matters are completed.
- Understand company's approval processes in context of the services and ensure that all stakeholders are timely engaged and informed on the relevant process including understanding the Code of Business Ethics (COBE), Data Privacy & ,Information Security Anti-Corruption Laws and related policies and apply the same to ensure compliance and manage the Accenture deals within the procurement or Corporate Functions domain.