Geographic Compliance & Corporate lawyer with Dutch supporting the Netherlands
Accenture is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Accenture will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Accenture encourages applicants of all ages.
Global Legal Network (GLN) is a group of professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centres of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
CORE and Global Services (CGS) is a group of legal professionals working and supporting different legal areas such as Compliance, Regulatory Offerings, Ethics, Procurement, Corporate Matters and the Services Areas aligned with the new offerings and technologies such as Strategy & Consulting, Interactive, Technology, Security and Operations.
Geographic Compliance & Corporate (GCC) Role Summary – To provide comprehensive support to legal and business teams which includes support on Accenture policies and processes, legal research, legal judgements, using various tools and methodologies focused on internal policy compliances, risk mitigation, contract execution, etc.
Management Level Description
- Requires analysis and solving of moderately complex problems. May create new solutions, leveraging and, where needed, adapting existing methods and procedures.
- Requires understanding of the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
- Understand the CORE (Compliance, Operations, Regulatory, Ethics) areas, relevant company policies
- Develop subject-matter knowledge and proficiency in the concerned support area and act as its POC
- Directly liaison with internal stakeholders on various issues and build credible and effective relationships with onshore counsels in the Netherlands and within GLN team
- Understand and suggest process improvements in the support area, support technical teams in development of new tool or enhancement of existing ones, assist team in drafting checklists and process documents, manage SharePoint and communication records
- Support implementation of new initiatives in CORE support area or within Legal/GLN, try to ‘give back’ to GLN/Legal.
Specific Responsibilities aligned to Role
- Draft and review agreements with Accenture suppliers to procure various goods and services, including Contractors, Facilities & Services, Finance Services, Human Resources support, IT & Telecom, Legal Services & Risk, Marketing & Communication, Travel Services, Software as a Service, subcontracting etc. in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws, and customer requirements. Make legal assessment of deviations to Accenture’s supplier’s contracting standards and interact with internal areas of Accenture that require the service to align a position. Participate in negotiations with suppliers to agree contractual terms. liaise & collaborate with other stakeholders and teams within Accenture, like, deal teams, solution architects, finance, HR, Controllership, procurement, etc., as well as, with subcontractors/vendors.
- Provide Legal support in the review of local & global Data Privacy initiatives. Identify risks according to local law and Accenture policies and flag potential issues.
- Provide legal support to Accenture Corporate Functions on local & global regulatory matters. Act as point of contact and legal advisor, responding to inquiries made by the Procurement Plus, Workplace Solutions, Marketing, HR, CIO teams etc. on their daily operation. Create company's compliance policy and approval procedures and apply the same to ensure compliance on relevant process including business ethics, data privacy, information security, anti-corruption laws, trade compliance, competition law and related policies applicable to the running of the local entity. Flag compliance risks in the day-to-day Accenture operations.
- Provide support to the Corporate Citizenship team in the review of Donation & Pro-bono agreements in light of local laws and Accenture Policies. Ensure that local Controllership and Procurement Plus are involved in the process. Advice on the need for approval when government entities are involved in the activity.
- Review Marketing Materials and provide the Marketing & Communications teams with advice on general IP matters, according to local law. Use of Image, Recording, how to minimize risks at events, promotions (both internal and external).
- Provide training to Accenture teams on matters related to the support to the Corporate Functions.
- Accenture Counsels, procurement, contract management, business executives, outside counsels, vendors, corporate function
- Master’s degree in Dutch Law
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience at law firms or as in-house counsel and/or in legal outsourcing. Experience with drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Experience in generic legal in-house matters, including but not limited to risk identification and mitigation, compliances, contracts, legal research, etc.
- Understand Accenture offerings and function specific services, general basic corporate business practices, contracting regulations, commercial agreements, legal and compliance fundamentals
- Ability to recommend high quality and timely advice for risk mitigation by efficiently assessing business and legal implications
- Ability to work under pressure, and effectively manage priorities and stakeholder expectations, build trust-based relationships by delivering on commitments, and able to effectively influence senior management
- Demonstrate ownership, promptness, accuracy, consistency with the activities supported, and drives tasks to closure
- Able to work with internal and external teams to assist with day to day support and to understand delivery requirements
- Demonstrate adaptability, positive & collaborative attitude, good interpersonal skills, strong time management and prioritization skills, attention to detail, sound judgement, and organization skills
- Comfortable with technology and has experience in tools & databases, with proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Behaviours and Attributes:
- Understand cross-cultures and open to work with team members across the globe
- Understand the value of diversity and recognize the strengths that different styles, innovative perspectives and experiences bring to Accenture
- Demonstrate inclusion and respect for all individuals regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, age, disability, culture, social status and/or sexuality
- Collaborative and persuasive; able to work well with executives and non-executives.
Additional Desirable Criteria:
- Not Applicable
- Travel may be required
- Fluency in Dutch and legal English with strong oral and written communication skills
Permanent Transfer Requirements:
- Not Applicable