The Energy Management Practice is part of the Accenture Operations Sourcing & Procurement business. We help clients achieve 3 things:
- Energy Price reduction through procurement optimization
- Energy Consumption reduction through turning data into insights and actions
- Energy Quality improvement through creating value with the transition to renewable energy
This role requires an entrepreneurial individual who can operate in a fast growing and evolving marketplace within an area that is experiencing significant growth by taking responsibility and ownership for the Renewable Energy Sustainability service line within the energy practice.
This requires an experienced and proven Renewable Energy Sustainability Manager with a tactical hands on approach to delivery and meeting immediate business needs.
You will take responsibility and ownership within your region to develop the Renewable Energy Sustainability offering and support business development activities specifically focused on global clients and serve as the project lead for such projects when sold.
Ownership and Responsibility:
- Develop internal network of influence within Accenture Operations’ existing Energy Management offering, Accenture Sustainability Strategy, Accenture Utilities, and other related teams.
- Develop external network of influence with key developers, suppliers, subcontractors, and platform providers.
- Develop new and maintain existing ecosystem partnership that improve and accelerate client business outcomes
- Originate and cultivate sales opportunities with new and existing clients, partnering with Accenture business unit and client sales teams. Lead client SOW creation and execution for Renewable Energy & Sustainability engagements.
- Lead Renewable Energy & Sustainability services delivery within Accenture Operations, including staffing, training, template production, process standardization, and issue escalation.
- Maximize internal/external client satisfaction while minimizing cost to serve through automation and on/off-shore staffing strategy.
- Ensure that contract details are loaded accurately in Accenture systems and that active events are managed according to Accenture standard procurement processes.
- Lead the creation of industry-leading market intelligence in the Sustainability space.
- Ensure revenue and cost for on-going delivery of client solutions is appropriately modelled in Accenture financial reporting systems.
- Design new products and technology offerings to improve client and prospect experience and drive increased revenue and profitability.
- Support Bespoke Consulting project delivery as relevant.
- Improve, maintain, and execute Accenture pricing tools for assigned area of responsibility.
- Manage any special or strategic projects assigned.
The essential attributes for this role are:
- Outstanding professional with proven track record of sourcing PPAs in Europe preferably in the Commercial and Industrial space.
- Network of contacts in the Renewable Energy & Sustainability space (developers, utilities, corporate energy buyers) and knowledge and experience of the ecosystem.
- Ability to work across multiple stakeholders to shape deals, develop business cases and create intelligent solutions.
- Credibility and ability to present professionally to C-suite level through clear and structured communication being able to anticipate and react accordingly based upon the conversation and demands of the individual.
- Capability to engage, project manage, establish focus and lead staff in other functions within the business.
- Self-starter with the drive, energy and determination to develop and execute a strategy, identify and build new business and manage cross cultural teams.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the areas of sustainability, energy procurement, PPAs, energy markets, utilities, finance, risk management, and/or quantitative analysis
- Renewable Energy & Sustainability Consultancy or client-side Renewable Energy & Sustainability Leadership
- MBA or other advanced degree, preferably with an energy focus
- Energy Services Consulting experience
- Management Consulting project leadership experience
- Sales and Presentation experience
- Ability to interface with customers and suppliers via strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Adaptable management style to conform to the varied corporate cultures and organizational structures of our customers
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.