Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
In today’s business environment, growth isn’t just about building value—it's fundamental to long-term business survival. So how do organizations sustain themselves? The key is a new operating model—one that's anchored around the customer and propelled by intelligence to deliver exceptional experiences across the enterprise at speed and at scale. You will deliver breakthrough business outcomes for clients — by harnessing talent, data and intelligence to revolutionize their operating models.
Operations is one of four services that make up one Accenture –the others are Strategy and Consulting, Interactive and Technology.
Accenture is seeking a collaborative and results-oriented Procurement Category Manager, to collaborate with external clients to develop and execute sourcing strategies related to Logistics & Supply Chain specific spend areas (i.e., Domestic / International Transportation and Supply Chain Services). You will work with Fortune 500 clients to support each company’s business goals while achieving optimal pricing, quality and service levels. In this capacity, you will have substantial involvement in supporting sales and solution design and in helping procurement organizations expand their involvement and control of non-traditional spend areas.
- Pursue and develop senior level stakeholder relationships at priority accounts, support account stakeholder relationship plans
- Develop strategic category plans that identify cost/productivity improvement opportunities in spending across a wide array of leading companies
- The capacity to strategically and effectively manage all elements of the interaction and collaboration, performance, risk and innovation, with third-party providers.
- Lead strategic sourcing projects, including all key steps such as strategy development, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, business case presentations and supplier contract execution
- Provide industry and supplier research, market intelligence and financial analyses to client.
- Support development of market insights from cross-client sourcing activity and collaborate with the Procurement Category function.
- Promote corporate objectives and change initiatives, ensuring that the sourcing team is supporting overall company direction and growth
- Ability to actively manage agreements throughout its lifecycle from contract setup to administration, management, and termination.
- Mentor sourcing team on stakeholder and project management, with a special emphasis on collaboration, customer focus, delivery excellence, continuous improvement, negotiations and contracting
- Develop client category structure for monitoring, tracking, and governance around spend and function performance to ensure stated contract benefits are realized and costs are transparent.