This position is part of the Global Process Owner Team which is responsible for developing, monitoring, and driving change to achieve standardized, compliant and optimized processes and solutions across Category management, Source to Contract and Supplier Relationship Management functions at Procurement Plus. This includes regularly assessing new requirements to drive a prioritized set of projects to improve the process, measurement and related tools in collaboration with delivery and other stakeholder groups. The GPO Project Lead collaborates with category management, sourcing, shared services, business stakeholders, technology groups and client stakeholders to ensure effective planning and execution of these initiatives relying on best practices, previous practical experience gained being a practitioner as well as good project management. It is also expected that the GPO Project Lead would familiarize his herself with responsible buying, sustainability and risk related requirements and support driving these principles into process execution. This position may also oversee other, more junior GPO members to ensure that they successfully drive GPO activities and to help them to learn and develop their skills and capabilities.
- Understand and apply Source to Contract, Category Management and SRM best practices, metrics and related tools
- Understand savings methodologies and drive their practical application in the category management, sourcing and contracting process
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to determine specifics in the process including measurement, metrics, targets, thresholds and exceptions even at local or category level
- Monitor process performance, and identify standardization and improvement opportunities
- Identify technology gaps and drive process simplification and automation
- Lead, support and execute improvement and transformation projects as required
- 7 years experience in sourcing and procurement including Strategic Sourcing
- Relevant project management or transformation experience
- Excellent command of English is a must
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience
- Deep understanding of savings methodologies, buying channels and sourcing, contracting best practices
- Proven ability to work creatively, analytically and drive problem solving with difficult stakeholders
- Proven success in contributing to a team oriented, virtual, diverse, multi cultural environment
- Excellent communication and soft skills proven ability to work with and manage senior stakeholders
- Project and program management skills and experience is preferred
- Team management experience and proven people development skills is an advantage
- Good MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills is a must
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.