Do you aspire to be a world class Network Engineer, and learn from experts in the field? Would you like the opportunity to support a global high performing backbone? The Accenture Global WAN team is looking for highly motivated individuals to help deploy, scale and automate Accenture’s new backbone.
Accenture’s core network is expanding at a tremendous rate and requires creative, proactive engineers to push the network to the edge as technology evolves as well as the best technical abilities to troubleshoot problems live.
- Be responsible for deploying network infrastructure and Internet connectivity across our Border and Backbone network fabric that supports Accenture’s Data Centers, offices and Delivery Centers.
- Operate with IOS XR over ASR9k hardware and NX-OS over Nexus 5k series.
- Focus on Automation to propose solutions to enhance the network.
- Work under ITIL framework.
- Operational Excellence.
- Be part of an international team.
- Provide operational support for WAN (covering EMEA and occasionally AMR business hours)
- Work on IPv6 deployment
- Handle and escalate highly impacting operational issues to upper management and/or 3rd party vendor escalation
- Identify and resolve chronic issues
- Manage Cloud Exchange environment
Good knowledge in enterprise-level networking with knowledge in TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (OSPF and BGPv4, etc.). Specific knowledge of BGP, OSPF and IP protocols in an MPLS Environment.
Experience in the troubleshooting and performance management of data infrastructure networks
Ability to read and write English with fluent conversational skills
Nice to have skills requirement:
- CCNA/CCNP/CCDP Certification
- Familiar with service management processes. Professional certifications, e.g. ITIL, COBIT, relevant technologies are plus
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting Cisco routers and IOS switches (9000 series experience is a plus, Nexus series).
- Knowledge in the following data circuit technologies – ATM, DSL, Frame Relay, Ethernet, ISDN, POS
- Experience working on CoS, QoS, WRED and related quality of service parameters.
- Understanding of high availability fundamentals (HSRP/VRRP/GLBP)
- Hands-on experience of LAN switching technologies: STP, Trunking, Etherchannel
- Basic knowledge of VPN technologies and IPSec and GRE protocols.
- Understanding of network protocols like FTP, TFTP, NTP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP
- There is option to utilize UNIX scripting for automation and simplifying existing processes.
- Exposure to Multicast environment and knowledge of multicast protocols (IGMP, PIM)
- Customer service skills and client focus
- Basic knowledge of IPv6
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.