Accenture Procurement Plus is seeking a talented Procurement professional to support the sourcing execution for the IT/Technology category with a European scope.
Accenture launched its global transformation of Procurement to Procurement Plus in September 2018, to build an organization that is closely supporting Accenture’s business, not just managing savings and purchase orders!
The IT/Technology category includes all sourcing activities involving third-party companies employed by Accenture to support Accenture’s internal and external clients’ IT requirements.
As a member of the Service Delivery Procurement team, the successful candidate will be required to support and/or deliver sourcing projects for the agreed duration/period. Ensure the projects are delivered to a defined standard for the category and as per the agreed timelines with the business stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be expected to understand and agree each sourcing requirements, identify, plan and deliver sourcing initiatives and take responsibility for delivery against agreed cost savings and other targets. The ideal candidate should have the ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexity in support of several concurrent projects. He/she should always seek out innovative procurement solutions, working in partnership with suppliers and Accenture customers (through cross-functional teams as appropriate), to implement and deliver significant cost reduction and/or effective service improvement opportunities in line with the business needs of Accenture.
What responsibilities will you have?
· Lead sourcing projects, including all key steps such as strategy development, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, business case presentations and supplier contract execution, and or support other team members in delivery of procurement projects
· Work with senior level stakeholders to lead and execute strategic sourcing projects including strategy development, RFQ RFP execution, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, business case presentations and supplier contract execution
· Communicate frequently and professionally with customer stakeholders regarding the status of the procurement aspect of the project including creation of Statement of Work and other sourcing and contracting documents.
· Ability to work closely with other internal stakeholders like Legal, Information Security, Platform Management team, Contract Managers, Supplier relationship Management teams as required by the project.
· Participate in initiatives aimed at improving productivity and efficiency to support company and account growth.
· Keep up to date with new processes technologies, look for ways to be more innovative
· Provide accurate and useful project reports or issues status reports
· Work with team members to enhance their business and category knowledge
· Offer creative solutions to support sourcing projects and achieve desired results.
· Ensure the consistent delivery of sourcing services that meet and exceed savings targets
· Establish and cultivate key client stakeholder relationships across organizations, building trust and support for each sourcing projects.
· Delivers reports on performance and targets achievements
· Collaborate with and support projects and initiatives involving other procurement categories and geographies
· Suggest automation options where possible, using existing Accenture toolsets
· Suggest process improvements across the whole of Procurement Plus
What’s in it for you?
Procurement Plus is part of Accenture Operations. All our Operations professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
· 10 - 12 years of experience in the procurement sourcing and at least 3 - 5 years in IT/Technology sourcing
· Understanding of the legislations across Europe related to procurement and to the use of subcontractors
· Understanding of supplier sourcing, contract negotiation and supplier management, with experience in supporting or delivering tender management and negotiating agreements or Service Level Agreements
· Demonstrable experience in leading small teams, if required
· Skills in manipulating data and a quick learner of new systems and tools with the ability to understand and develop pricing models and analyses/interpret commercial proposals
· Strategic sourcing and category management expertise including Contract drafting, and contract law
· Excellent negotiation & influencing skills while engaging with senior management within Accenture or Accenture’s suppliers
· Strong stakeholder and supplier relationship management skills
· Strong analytical and reporting skills
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment, leading where appropriate
· Ability to plan, prioritize and deliver own work
· High standard of empathy towards the stakeholder, listening ability
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Intermediate/High level Microsoft Office proficiency including expertise in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
What academic qualifications do you need?
· Business Related Degree or equivalent experience
· Professional Procurement Qualification or IT Service Management qualification (MCIPS/CIPS qualification would be desirable)
· Advanced Proficiency in Italian language skills required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.