The primary objectives of the Security Threat Hunter are to deliver and participate in enhancement of Threat Hunting services provided to Accenture clients.
The services include the technical research of potential cyber security compromise, analysis of known and unknown threats, identification and review of potential security incidents though available information. It also requires the threat hunter to handle (leverage, create and share) threat intelligence to enhance the overall quality of services and the security posture of our clients.
This is a hands-on role, requiring strong technical skills as well as a good understanding of the Cybersecurity topics and solutions.
- Identify unknown threats for our global clients through advanced threat hunting services to complement the standard Security Operations Center services
- As part of a global team, operate and enhance Accenture’s proprietary threat hunting tools and platforms
- Implement techniques using the most advanced technologies to hunt for known and unknown threats in specific client environments, based on available threat intelligence reports and knowledge of the attackers TTPs
- Perform initial investigations (lightweight forensics) on potential incidents identified as part of the services delivery
- Leverage threat intelligence, document threats as needed and share intelligence from analysis to further enhance service quality and delivery
- Work on improvements for provided security services, including the continuous enhancement of existing methodology material and supporting assets
- Bachelor degree or higher, technical discipline preferred
- Working experience in IT Security, with exposure to security monitoring, incident management and response
- Good understanding of cybersecurity topics and threat landscape
- Vulnerability and threat analysis experience
- Working knowledge of cybersecurity principles, techniques and technologies
- Strong analytical skills and efficient problem solving
- Willingness to learn continuously
- Good English communication skills (written and oral)
Nice to have skills:
- GCFA, GCIA, GREM, GCIH, CEH, OSCP and other relevant information security certifications
- Understanding of computer forensics
- Understanding of malware analysis and reverse engineering
- Good understanding of network protocols, design and operations
- Big data analytics skills
- Experience with various security monitoring and endpoint security tools
- Good understanding of the components of a threat intelligence capability
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
Federal - Web Developer
Posted 1 day ago
USA CA - San Jose
Business Process Delivery
Posted 1 day ago
USA CA - Sacramento
Data Engineer Consultant (Sacramento & Los Angeles)
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.