CCS Office Services Strategy is a team responsible for solution strategy and high level design approaches to Accenture Office network infrastructure. One of the strategic imperatives is to automate the infrastructure solutions as much as possible on an end to end basis (build-maintain-change-develop) applying Infrastructure as Code (IaC), DevOps/NetOps and Intent Based Networking principles. The person should be able to take the role of Subject Matter Expert in designing new solutions for infrastructure automation and should have an extensive networking experience/background to tightly cooperate with network infrastructure and security team SMEs to deliver the management tools and automation solutions on a wide scale covering all the office infrastructure management aspects.
Roles and Responsibilities of Infrastructure Automation Engineer
The primary function of this role includes the following:
• Due-diligence of existing Office infrastructure solutions, analyzing infrastructure in scope, logical interconnectivity, service dependency, integration and automation opportunities and security constraints.
• Attending meetings and workshops with the Service delivery teams to understand requirements, challenges and risks.
• Evaluation solutions options available on the market taking into account the established and strategic vendor footprint
• Contributing to longer term strategy for Office infrastructure solutions with focus on automation solutions, aligned with the current and future office infrastructure
• Successfully presenting and defending high level design approaches for critical infrastructure and related management tools & automation to service delivery team stakeholders and leads
• Developing and integrating solution in cooperation with other service Strategy teams and Service Delivery teams for solid infrastructure automation using existing industry standards, best practices and know-hows fitting it into existing infrastructure and operations framework.
• Creating high level designs (blue prints) and support documentation for the proposed solutions. Raising change records and executing activity while adhering to client’s processes and procedures.
• Driving Lab testing & proof of concept (PoC) of the new management tools & automation solutions
• Assisting the Service delivery teams in support and trouble-shooting of automation infrastructure and components delivered during initial implementation and transition/handover period.
• Have 1+ years of working with enterprise infrastructure automation platforms such as HP/MicroFocus, SPLUNK, BMC, etc. Certificate for any of the platform is a plus.
• Alternatively have 1+ years experience with Open Source automation IaC platforms such as CFEngine, Chef, Puppet, Spacewalk, etc.
• Alternatively have 1+ years experience of using generic automation, IaC and orchestration platforms for Infrastructure Automation tasks (eg. Terraforms, Jenkins + Scripts/Ansible).
• Understand of DevOps framework and Agile development cycle with Continuous Integration. Experience with CI/CD platforms is a plus.
• Have strong knowledge of scripting and programming in any scripting language (preferably Python, Shell+AWK, TCL, Ansible etc.)
• Have a strong understanding of and 3+ years background in networking (switching, dynamic routing protocols, static and rule based routing, network security, Network Access Control systems etc.) and communication protocols (REST, SNMP, SOAP, etc.).
• Understand cloud technologies and infrastructure virtualization (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, NFV, SDN)
• Have good verbal communication skills (English) in both technical and non-technical communications.
• Have good experience creating design documents (HLD, LLD) diagrams (Visio) and presentations (PPT)
• Have good analytical mindset for problem solving under stress and time pressure.
• Be a self-driven person with a “can do” attitude, able to deliver results in an environment with ambiguities
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.