Job Location: Prague
Regional Description: Czech Republic
Job Number: 00701247 00701247_en
Do you aspire to be a world class Network Engineer and learn from experts in the field? Would you like the opportunity to support a global high performing backbone? The Accenture Global WAN team is looking for highly motivated individuals to help deploy, scale and automate Accenture’s new backbone.
Accenture’s core network is expanding at a tremendous rate and requires creative, proactive engineers to push the network to the edge as technology evolves as well as the best technical abilities to troubleshoot problems live.
• Be responsible for deploying network infrastructure and Internet connectivity across our Border and Backbone network fabric that supports Accenture’s Data Centers, offices and Delivery Centers.
• Operate with IOS XR over ASR9k hardware and NX-OS over Nexus 5k series.
• Focus on Automation to propose solutions to enhance the network.
• Work under ITIL framework.
• Operational Excellence.
• Be part of an international team.
• Provide operational support for WAN (covering EMEA and AMR business hours)
• Work on IPv6 deployment
• Handle and escalate highly impacting operational issues to upper management and/or
3rd party vendor escalation
• Identify and resolve chronic issues
• Manage Cloud Exchange environment
Key Skills Requirements
• Good knowledge in enterprise-level networking with knowledge in TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (OSPF and BGPv4, etc.). Specific knowledge of BGP, OSPF and IP protocols in an MPLS Environment.
• Experience in the troubleshooting and performance management of data infrastructure networks
• Ability to read and write English with fluent conversational skills
Nice to have skills requirement
• CCNA/CCNP/CCDP Certification
• Familiar with service management processes. Professional certifications, e.g.
ITIL, COBIT, relevant technologies are plus
• Hands-on experience troubleshooting Cisco routers and IOS switches (9000 series experience is a plus, Nexus series).
• Knowledge in the following data circuit technologies – ATM, DSL, Frame Relay, Ethernet, ISDN, POS
• Experience working on CoS, QoS, WRED and related quality of service parameters.
• Understanding of high availability fundamentals (HSRP/VRRP/GLBP)
• Hands-on experience of LAN switching technologies: STP, Trunking, Etherchannel
• Basic knowledge of VPN technologies and IPSec and GRE protocols.
• Understanding of network protocols like FTP, TFTP, NTP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP
• There is option to utilize UNIX scripting for automation and simplifying existing processes.
• Exposure to Multicast environment and knowledge of multicast protocols (IGMP, PIM)
• Customer service skills and client focus
• Basic knowledge of IPv6
• Electronics & Telecommunications or IT/Computer Science
• 3-5 years relevant experience in a similar capacity with a large organization
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.