Accenture Procurement Plus is seeking a talented Procurement professional to support the management of the IT/Technology category in UKI and with a European scope.
Accenture launched its global transformation of Procurement to Procurement Plus in September 2018, to build an organization that is closely supporting Accenture’s business, not just managing savings and purchase orders!
The IT/Technology category includes all sourcing activities involving third-party companies employed by Accenture to support Accenture’s internal and external clients’ requirements.
As a member of the Procurement team, the successful candidate will be required to support and/or deliver sourcing projects either independently or as part of a larger sourcing team depending on complexity and duration of the sourcing projects.
The successful candidate will be expected to understand and agree each sourcing requirements, identify, plan and deliver sourcing initiatives and take responsibility for delivery against agreed cost savings and other targets. To build strong relationships with suppliers, and monitor supplier performance in terms of overall service and delivery to ensure that they meet contractual commitments and deliver best value to Accenture.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexity in support of several concurrent projects. He/she should always seek out innovative procurement solutions, working in partnership with suppliers and Accenture customers (through cross-functional teams as appropriate), to implement and deliver significant cost reduction and/or effective service improvement opportunities in line with the business needs of Accenture.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Understand client requirements for IT & Telco and work with the client to formulate a procurement strategy to ensure delivery of services in line with the client’s expectations
- Identify cost/productivity improvement opportunities in IT/Telecom spending across the supplier base
- Lead or support sourcing projects including such as supplier selection, contract negotiations activity as required, and / or support other team members in delivery of procurement projects
- Lead or support strategic projects aiming at reducing costs or improving services (sourcing, rates card, operational improvements)
- Understand internal stakeholders’ requirements and manage the relationship with these stakeholders
- Propose alternatives and solutions to support stakeholder overall strategy
- Take responsibility as the key point of contact to a number of key client stakeholder groups
- Work closely with the Global & Regional Category Leads to ensure alignment of local activity with the global category strategy
- Proactively work with the stakeholders and partner organizations such as Accenture Legal and Contract Management to identify areas of non-compliant spend and maximize compliance through preferred suppliers
- Support supplier’s relationship management strategy
- Proactively analyses data to identify new sources of non-compliance and savings
- Delivers reports on performance and targets achievements
- Collaborate with and support projects and initiatives involving other procurement categories and geographies
- Identify opportunities to leverage category expertise and best-practice tools and techniques by building a network within Procurement Plus
- Promote corporate objectives and change initiatives, ensuring that the IT/Technology sourcing team is supporting overall company direction and growth
- Suggest automation options where possible, using existing Accenture toolsets
- Suggest process improvements across the whole of Procurement Plus