The Global Operations Megatrends research explores three topics that were identified as priority concerns among global supply chain leaders: supply chain risk management, big data analytics and emerging-market growth. The study reveals the practices that leaders are using to generate better than average results from their investments in these areas, and will help executives reposition their organizations to respond to market volatility and improve business outcomes.
Supply Chain Risk Management
• 61% of leaders* make risk management a strategic imperative.
• 43% of leaders have a central risk management function.
• 60% of leaders will boost their investment in risk management by 20% or more in the next two years.
Reported their supply chain risk management ROI exceeded 100 percent.
Big Data Analytics
• Leaders are 6 times more likely to report an increase in supply chain efficiency of 10 percent or greater.
• Leaders are 5 times more likely to report shortened order-to-delivery cycle times.
• Leaders are 5 times more likely to report an improvement in demand driven operations.
The research involved a web-based survey of 1,014 senior executives primarily at global companies headquartered across North America, Europe, and Asia. Fifty-six percent of respondents held C-level titles, including chief supply chain officer, chief procurement officer, chief sourcing officer, chief operations officer and chief operating officer. The remaining 44 percent were senior-level supply chain, procurement or operations executives.