Job Location: San Jose
Regional Description: Costa Rica
Job Number: 00696075 00696075_en
Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing unmatched services in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. We partner with more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500, driving innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. With expertise across more than 40 industries and all business functions, we deliver transformational outcomes for a demanding new digital world.Accenture solves our clients’ toughest challenges by providing unmatched services in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. We partner with more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500, driving innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. With expertise across more than 40 industries and all business functions, we deliver transformational outcomes for a demanding new digital world.
The RTR Supervisor is responsible for handling a team of 15+ Associates (indirect reports) or 2 to 3 Team Leads (Direct reports).
The purpose of this position is to provide support relating to monitoring, reconciliation, and operational controls within the Record to Report processes such as General Ledger, Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, Fixed Assets, Inter Company and Month-end Closing.
The Supervisor will be reporting to Service Delivery Lead and is responsible for the smooth operation of the team, setting the right expectations in terms of ensuring strong financial controls, ensuring SLA and productivity delivery, also creating the performance appraisals for the team.
· Supervise task related activities in the team, proposing and implementing new methods of working to improve and simplify the RTR process.
· Responsible for analyzing, coordinating, accounting and reviewing of accounting cycle operations, ensuring correct recording of transactions.
· Responsible for coordinating the accounting team, leveraging Local and US GAAP and abiding by tax regulations of countries for which service is provided.
· Responsible for reasonability checks of account balances and Balance Sheet.
· Reviewing and approving monthly close Manual Journal Entries as per agreed workflow and approval limits.
· Performing RTR closing schedule management and coordination.
· Ensuring all accounting records are executed within the established standards, following Global and Local policies.
· Insure the customer/client perspective is at the forefront of all business decisions along with being in line with the contract and the company policies.
· Strong process governance & reporting of metrics daily, generate reports on Key Performance Indicators.
· Communicate metrics and use metrics to drive processes.
· Proactive and constant communication with management to ensure process stability and requirements compliance.
· Analyze, interpret, and communicate valuable information to management.
· Assist the tower Manager in the preparation of Management reports, SLAs & KPIs, KPI Analysis.
· Knowing and following the escalation path when needed (dispute or resolution).
· Form strong collaborative relationship with the client.
· Maintain appropriate controls and segregation of duties in accordance with the client internal controls policies.
· Drives continuous improvement, focusing on simplification and standardization.
· Follow best practices with global peers and become best practice sponsor.
· Managing cross-functional projects as well as across geographies.
· Perform any other tasks, duties, or services requested by his/her immediate superior or to meet management needs.
· Exercise independent judgment and discretion in handling various scenarios.
· Responsible for developing and monthly tracking for all aspects of performance management: setting expectations, observing, coaching, counseling, and giving rewards.
· Participate in performance management processes.
· Clearly communicate priorities to the team and explain how to execute giving specific goals, action plans, and deliverables.
· Performing of employee appraisals and giving the team necessary coaching.
· Assist with the day-to-day learning structure of the team.
· Motivate the team and keep morale high, persuade others to achieve common goals.
· Ensure a cordial work environment & adherence to ethics.
· Maintain policies and procedures; continuously improve process design focusing on simplification, standardization, quality improvement and cost minimization.
· English level 80% in written and verbal communications.
· Should have the flexibility to work any shift and for long hours when required.
· Exert positive influence on both immediate project team members and external stakeholder, should have good presentation skills.
· Assume responsibility for the accuracy of work processes and flow of tasks.
· Conduct extensive research in the areas of new offering development and process definition to provide competitive advantage to clients.
· Proactively identify, mitigate risks and assign appropriate owners to prevent issues and enhance performance.
· Predict client/sponsor issues and proactively raise these issues with supervisor.
· Hold discussions with stakeholders to gather additional details to ensure inclusion of all relevant concerns.
· Guide team members on maintaining relationships with clients and stakeholders.
· Create communication strategy for the team/project with clear objectives and expectations.
· Paraphrase client requirements in own words and match those needs with standard company offerings.
· Facilitate discussions to reach mutually acceptable outcomes and resolve conflict.
· Understand/define the various roles that respective teams play in the project/process.
· Promote need for innovation in the team and influences team members to provide suggestions to improve work processes and enhance results.
· Encourage team members to analyze the situation from multiple angles to reach resolution.
· Share best practices and lessons learned while identifying and mitigating risks beyond immediate team.
· Guide research efforts of teams, recognizing when to apply inference, creativity and experience
· Identify ways for team members to better engage in knowledge-sharing and collaboration across teams.
· Raise questions and concerns keeping the teams’ objectives in mind and works towards solutions that will enhance team performance. Remains calm and focused when under pressure.
· Provide team members with a sense of purpose, direction and understanding of each other's responsibilities.
· Delegate so that team members can own a significant piece of work, and holds them accountable for their tasks.
· Is open-minded and demonstrates flexibility and optimism in adapting to change.
· Respect the learning curve of individuals and supports them through their development journey.
· Demonstrate positive attitude and supports the team through challenging situations.
· Able to control emotions in a difficult situation.
· Six -Eight years of experience working in a Shared Service Center.
· Four-years of experience in the RTR cycle are required for this position / at least three years of leadership-management experience.
· Finance knowledge and expertise across operations.
· Experience in reporting preparation.
· Should have Advanced knowledge of ERP.
· Intermediate to advanced Excel skills are a must.
Possible Academic Background:
· Graduate/post graduate degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Economics. Master’s Degree is a plus.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.