- Define and manage new research projects within the research group’s overall agenda.
- Help shape and build on ideas provided by stakeholders and managers to produce high quality deliverables.
- Manage and execute projects through some combination of prototype development, empirical research and thought leadership.
- Participate in their research community by building relationships and serving as a domain expert when working with clients or client teams.
- Participate and serve in the research community (e.g., conferences, consortiums, workshops) and build university relationships.
- Explore and apply for research grants from internal (Accenture partners and clients) and external funding organizations
- Manage research projects agreed upon with R&D leadership, participating in both their conception and technical development.
- Supervise and mentor more junior researchers and research engineers to successfully complete their responsibilities and assist with career progression
- Manage development of prototypes – including design, development and testing
- Collaborate on and help manage pioneering engagements of their research, based on clients’ needs and drive toward successful deployment in the clients’ environment
- Continuously learn new technology areas that are mission-aligned to the R&D group
- Participate in projects as a representative of your area of expertise
- Discuss issues or trends within area of expertise to raise client and/or Accenture awareness
- Act as a contributor in medium critical situations, either internally for Accenture or at client engagement(s) pertaining to your area of expertise
- Shape and lead development of internal and external thought leadership, both more and less formal, targeted for various audiences.
- Publish and present research papers in top tier conferences, workshops and journals
- Serve as reviewer, technical program community, and/or panelist in conferences and workshops
- Work confidently with internal networks and other thought leaders on key relevant issues.
- Demonstrate expertise internally (e.g. presentations to internal audiences, participates in community of practice, etc.)
- Build deep relationships with teams in partner organizations
- Build deep relationships with researchers from academia and other research labs
- Actively contribute to the research community and establish external reputation as expert.
- Ability to travel based on client needs (up to 25%)
- Proven ability to create a project plan and execute against it
- Proven ability to motivate and lead a high-performance team
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.