Title: 3562: Social Media Associate Manager (Advertising Associate Manager)
We are...Accenture’s social media team: One team of social media experts, with specialists located around the world rolling into part of our global brand team. We have a social-first mindset and bring best-in-class expertise to Accenture’s social media activity by leading with creativity, innovation and social-by-design experiences. We’re a fully integrated partner across all aspects of social media—whether strategizing, listening, engaging, creating, publishing, analyzing or activating our people. And we do all this while having fun—collaborating, connecting and pushing ourselves creatively across every area of the social space.
You are… a passionate social expert with experience across social media’s various components, from strategy to content to listening. You have a strong understanding of the Greater China social landscape—especially in the B2B space— and are someone who “walks the walk” when it comes to using social media for business, understanding the differences between WeChat vs Weibo for the Chinese mainland and LinkedIn vs Meta (Facebook & Instagram) for Hong Kong and how we can use each platform most effectively. You approach social with a strategic, not just tactical, mindset—but also know that a great strategy needs excellent execution to succeed. You have a knack for content, from crafting copy to recognizing good design, and understand that community management means listening, engaging, analyzing and optimizing—not just publishing. You’re creative, self-motivated and excited to help push our social efforts to the forefront of the industry.
The role… is focused on supporting a best-in-class social presence for Accenture in Greater China and developing content that can engage clients, recruits and employees. You’ll report into one global team of social experts representing different parts of the company—as well as teams such as Advertising & Social, Digital and Data & Analytics and Greater China’s M+C—to partner on initiatives, share content and learnings, and facilitate other collaborative efforts that drive us all forward. You will collaborate with local M+C teams and other peers in APAC and global while being the “expert in the room” on the most effective way to use social to support the company’s priority agenda and create synergy between Greater China, Growth Market and global Social team.
- Develop and maintain a best-in-class social presence for Accenture priorities and key initiatives in Greater China
- Curate social editorials, develop clear messages, build a unique and consistent social media presence, and ensure consistent execution across multiple social media channels – WeChat/Weibo for the Chinese mainland and LinkedIn/Meta (Facebook & Instagram & Threads) for Hong Kong
- Understand social media data and metrics and can make data actionable and a critical component to inform our efforts
- Oversee the Greater China social handles on a daily basis, including listening, engaging and publishing, and partner with other M+C channel owners to incorporate local efforts across the larger landscape
- Lead social content campaigns with marketing partners riding on the moments around Accenture, industries and social events from ideation to execution, with an emphasis on both core content and execution
- Social content draft & edit with Chinese economic, political, social and cultural nuances and considerations
- Stay up to speed on best-in-class opportunities and stand-out creative ideas to in-form our strategy and planning
- Actively integrate with social colleagues and extended teammates to collaborate and share learnings, insights and ideas to deliver best-in-class social recommendations to help guide social and marketing opportunities
- Help evolve and enhance Accenture employee advocacy on social (where applicable)
- At least 7 years of marketing + communications experience, with a substantial part spent focused on digital marketing, WeChat, Weibo and similar international social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook & Instagram)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Digital Marketing, Social Communications and Public Relations
- Strong understanding of both social strategy and execution for campaigns, events and real-time activations
- Deep and up-to-date knowledge of social platforms (WeChat, Weibo, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) and the differences between them, coupled with a proven track record in leveraging the full channel mix (owned, earned and paid social channels)
- Good experience in working with senior stakeholders to build and develop local social marketing plans and strategies
- Solid written and spoken English language skills
- Experience overseeing content creation and the understanding of what makes effective content—and what doesn’t – includes proven social writing skills
- Excellent storytelling, influencing and communication skills
- Experience with Sprinklr is a plus