Supports the Employment Law function in Greater China (mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan), by providing employment-related legal advice, providing training and creating standard documentation, performing legal research, overseeing litigation and pre-litigation matters with external counsel, and drafting and revising materials on internal legal and transactional matters, which concern labor and employment law issues.
- Provide operational and strategic support to outsourcing and merger and acquisition deals in the assigned geographic location. Due diligence and advise on contractual aspects of deals, on the risk management, on the transition of staff into or out of Accenture and on the impact of the outsourcing business to Accenture’s internal organisation.
- Provide operational and strategic support relating to labour relations, liaising with local trade unions and labour regulators in the area.
- Provide strategic employment related immigration legal advice to HR and People Mobility for the region, and integrating external support as required.
- Oversee and provide support to litigation and pre-litigation matters, in conjunction with Human Resources team and external counsel.
- Contribute to development of internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge on Employment legal and business issues for the region.
- Manage employment law projects and advising HR, Legal and management as appropriate.
- Assure the quality of Employment law delivery by providing Employment support and legal documentations appropriate to needs, and integrating external support as required.
- Act as trusted legal advisor to field HR managers and Employee Relations managers, providing practical guidance and sound legal judgment on day-to-day internal operations.
- Manage and oversee outside counsel relationships with law firms, including supporting managing the budget.
- Act as legal advisor on employment law issues to executives in the region, including Legal professionals.
- Stay abreast of legal developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesise the information to incorporate it into company practices.
- Support, promote, and implement initiatives as part of Legal team.
- Counsel, guide, train and support junior through senior levels of Legal attorneys within region as appropriate.
- Educate senior company executives with regard to legal and risk management issues in the region.
- Make recommendations and escalate to the Senior Counsel Employment Law on material Employment issues.
- Work with Legal Geographical Leads as appropriate.
- Reports to Senior Counsel, Employment Law Greater China
- Coordinates external counsel
- Outside law firms
- Formal legal education (LL.B., LL.M., J.D.) through an accredited higher educational institution. Legal qualification is required.
- Significant experience of employment law in Greater China, with limited requirement for direct supervision
- Strong experience in practicing employment law on regional projects or cross-border issues.
- Relevant experience to cover full range of employment law matters in Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan, including specifically:
- Employment terms and conditions (e.g. pay and benefits, working time, termination, restrictive covenants)
- Outsourcing and mergers and acquisitions
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Equality and diversity matters (including “family friendly” issues and discrimination legislation)
- Trade unions/ works councils collective rights
- Employment Status / Agency workers
- Project management of cross border initiatives
- Strong experience advising management of large multinational companies.
- Proven presentational and training capabilities
- Some travel required, primarily within the assigned geo location region.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- In depth knowledge of geo location employment law issues as well as a strong experience with employment law projects in Greater China is required.
- Good legal skills through practice and training in local or international law firms. Ability to make sound legal judgment under the circumstances.
- Ability to work closely with wide range of personnel, including regular interaction with top-level executives.
- Ability to work with personnel both internally and externally across the world.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills, with good commercial sense for a professional services business
- Superior negotiation and litigation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Mandarin and English.
- Ability to influence, strong executive presence
- Able to present innovative, original solutions and to act as a strategic thinker
- Responsive and follows through on commitments
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.