- Assess suppliers and factories capacity and capability to meet retail market requirements
- Provide input for supplier assessment
- Collect relevant data to formulate sourcing proposal
- Execute buying trip from A-Z including pre-trip, itinerary set up, cost negotiation to finalization to ensure the trip objectives are fully achieved
- Ensure all supplier quotations and samples are completed on a timely basis for appropriate decision making to meet objectives.
- Manage order execution and resolve product and production issues on a timely and proactive manner
- Work with the Merchandise Quality Engineer and Responsible Sourcing team to ensure placements are made with right factories. Identify testing and production issues upfront and involve Quality Assurance teams to resolve.
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure it meets or exceeds company KPI.
- Prepare Monthly Reports to keep sourcing manager well informed of status of all upcoming programs.
- Coordinate with replenishment team in daily operations
- Knowledge of suppliers and factories. Able to discern performance differences between various manufacturers.
- Technical garment knowledge is required.
- Able to identify creative alternative solutions to solve problems and meet product objectives in quality, delivery and price.
- Understanding of garment specifications, components and construction. Basic production knowledge.
- Highly motivated with high sense of urgency and initiative. Takes ownership.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision. Able to work under pressure.
- Good negotiation skills in working with suppliers on product and price. Good experience in using component costing.
- Team player with ability to work with associates from different cultures.
- Able to coordinate efforts of associates in multiple offices and work together in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and timelines and keep them on track.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Proficient PC skills including MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.