- Update and reconcile balance sheet accounts to ensure accuracy of accounting transactions/records,
and compliance with US GAAP.
- Work with stakeholders on annual financial statements drafting, auditing, filing, and related statutory matters,
in accordance with US GAAP and local GAAP.
- Cope with global tax team and area/local tax team on corporate tax accruals, settlements, fillings/returns,
calculations, forecasting, and reporting.
- Oversee tax compliance such like VAT, WHT, and intercompany transactions billings & settlements
- Perform general ledger accounting activities such like bank accounting, tax accounting, fixed asset accounting,
lease accounting, payroll accounting, and closing accounting.
- Cooperate with on/offshore controllership team on other ad-hoc activities such like BS&PL true up basing on
audit result, intercompany accounting issues, internal control etc.
Key Responsibilities – General Accounting
- Responsible for the reconciliation and analysis of various balance sheet accounts
- Perform monthly analysis of data within accounts and determine issues for follow up
- Work with Accounts Payable and/or Payroll to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Work with tax group to ensure that taxes are booked correctly
- Process adjusting entries as required
- Prepare account reconciliations for an assigned portfolio of Legal Entities or specific accounts, and submit for supervisor review
- Obtain all necessary backup and justification for account balances
- Propose and pursue any necessary adjustments to account balances to ensure that they are compliant with Accenture policy and US GAAP
- Provide month-end pre-close analysis and commentary for account balance movement and totals
- Prepare quarterly analysis of select balance sheet accounts for use by Country Controller’s Group in evaluating the validity of the quarter end balances
- Partner with Finance contact(s) to review account reconciliations and provide assistance and guidance in recording accounting transactions where necessary
- Develop a clear understanding of the business transactions and processes to aid reconciliation procedures and to provide value added advice to Finance contact(s)
- Develop understanding of the internal systems and business transactions that impact accounts
- Prepare Financial statements according to country statutory standards and requirements, cope with external auditors on FS preparations and filling, as well as presentations to leadership when necessary.
- Responsible for Tax compliance processes including regular accruals, true ups, Tax returned quires and reporting on VAT, WHT and different tax stream of each country.
- Manage other General Accounting Processes such like Fixed Asset Accounting, Lease Accounting,
Payroll Accounting, Bank Accounting, V&A Accounting, etc. processing and relevant analysis.
- Executing Accenture Internal Control and ensure Compliance with related Accounting standards.
- Others Country financials support related tasks such like cost rates support, cost analysis/controls etc.
- Reports to: Controllership RTR Team Country/Process Lead
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Required Qualifications (In Order of Priority)
- 4+ years’ working experience in Finance &Accounting roles
- Undergraduate degree or above in Accounting or equivalent majors
- ACCA, CPA or any relevant professional qualification is preferable
- Good English writing and oral communication skills
- Analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Good technical skills with MS Excel and Outlook
- Experience on SAP, or similar systems
- External audit, statutory reporting, and corporate tax experiences would be a plus
- Be proactive, agile, passionate, accountable
Professional Development Skills
- Organizational Skills; Interpersonal Skills; Communication Skills
- Business Acumen; Coaching; Initiative and Anticipation; Innovation; Issue Identification Analysis and Solving;
Knowledge Sharing; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Office; Oral and Written Communication;
- Teamwork and Collaboration; Open mindset; Personal Credibility; willingness to change; mature mentality
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.