- Leads the end-to-end program management of a pursuit and provides expert guidance on a deal throughout the full sales lifecycle, from origination through to closure.
- Drives effective collaboration across the deal team, optimizing the use of business development funds and driving compliance with Accenture's sales processes.
- Brings expertise in navigating large, complex deals through the sales process and identification of key elements required for successful deal pursuits.
- Provides independent confirmation that the steps & elements of a particular pursuit leverage best practices and are aimed at convincing the client, neutralizing competition, addressing 3rd party feedback & gaining Accenture approval.
- Drives development of the overarching workplan across all workstreams, including qualification, proposal development, pricing, competitive intelligence, solutioning and legal/contract management. Orchestrates collaborative decision-making, using real-time reporting of progress of milestones to close, fueling open and transparent communication across Accenture and client stakeholders to ensure mutual alignment and momentum (value + speed) to close.
- Develops consistent cadence and communications across the deal team, to enhance unification across Accenture pursuit team, eliminating internal boundaries to help the deal team think holistically to bring the right mix of Accenture solution and assets to enable and effect the best outcome for the client and Accenture.
- Key service areas may include: Qualification, Win Strategy Development, Pursuit Mobilization, BD Planning and Management, Review and Approval Management, Client Centric Support and Pursuit Close Out.
- Drives deal qualification workshops, leveraging the Deal Qualification Checklist to arrive at an objective qualification decision
- Co-ordinates with pursuit intelligence to identify competitors and run competitive analysis and insights to establish competitive strategy
WIN STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT
- Facilitates win strategy development sessions, using a consistent approach to elicit buyer values, Accenture differentiators, competitive positioning, key sales messages and action plan
- Develops the win strategy communication plan to ensure consistency of messaging throughout the deal lifecycle.
- Bring the client perspective and ensure strategy will engage the client and our proposition is compelling not just compliant
- Manages and develops the resource plan to ensure relevant deal team resources are engaged and onboarded early in the process (i.e. Deal Coach, Solution Architects, CDTS, Legal, Marketing / Accenture GO, QAD, Pursuit Services Support, Delivery)
- Establishes the pursuit governance, including status calls, risk and issue management and escalation paths
- Creates a standardized Teams site is to support the deal.
- Establishes responsibility matrix for clarification of deal team roles and responsibilities.
- Validates and confirms RF(X) response responsibilities with Proposal Manager and Sales Capture via Proposal Manager “handshake”
- Manages the pursuit kick-off meeting and action items
PURSUIT PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
- Develops the overarching pursuit workplan and establishes communication and reporting cadence throughout the deal lifecycle.
- Drives iterative revisions of the workplan
- Manages and mitigates risks, issues and dependencies
- Drives opportunity management of the MMS record throughout sales cycle
- Establishes and maintains key client procurement contacts and/ or TPA relations
- Ensure all pursuit team members have a clear understanding of their roles and the input required and challenge any capacity/commitment issues
- Challenge, create and share best practice and ensure knowledge is distilled and leveraged for other opportunities
BD PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
- Develops high level resourcing plan and business development funding and seeks approval from respective NBM meetings.
- Advises deal team leadership on the appropriate deal team size and composition
- Manages the pursuit spend against business development estimate throughout the deal
- Manages and authorizes access to BD WBS
- Facilitates revisions and approvals during the deal lifecycle as needed.
REVIEW AND APPROVALS MANAGEMENT
- Provides expert guidance to deal members on the approvals process and ensures proper reviews prior to approvals / milestones
- Coordinates solution reviews with Enterprise SA / Lead SA and ensures alignment with pricing strategy
- Coordinates pricing reviews (CDTS, Pricing Architect) and ensures alignment with pricing strategy
CLIENT SUPPORT SERVICES
- Establishes and maintains client and TPA relationships
- Co-ordinates site visits and reference calls
- Confirms coordination and support for orals with Sales Leads and / or Oral Coach
- Co-ordinates and supports the negotiation process with Legal and Sales Lead.
- Develops and manages the close plan and ensures client alignment
POST SUBMISSION SUPPORT
- Manages the pursuit close-out plan and activities including conclude MMS record, sale is booked, sales materials are archived, win/loss survey completed, initiate request in MMR (Manage My Records)
Relevant Skills and Expectations
- Experienced in sales pursuit management, sales planning and forecasting, value analysis and prioritization with consulting, high tech industries
- Good at facilitation of process, collaborate with different stakeholders and maximize productivity
- Good at communication, could articulate complex scenarios in an understandable approach to customers
- Good at analysis and logic thinking
- Fluent in English speaking and writing
- Bachelor’s Degree or above
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
USA MA - Boston
Technology Sales Director - Financial Services, Boston
Posted 1 day ago
S&PP Business Partner Associate - Interactive NA
Posted 1 day ago
S&PP Business Partner Lead - Interactive NA
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.