The successful candidate will be responsible for Accenture’s entity & client tax matters in the Greater China Market Unit (MU).
The role requires the candidate to possess strong tax technical competence and the ability to communicate complex and innovative tax concepts in a business structured manner to senior Accenture management.
The successful candidate would be responsible for the efficient functioning of the overall tax function in Greater China which would specifically involve the following:
· Managing and providing direction to Greater China country controllership & finance teams in matters relating to direct and indirect taxes, including reviews and signoffs for tax compliances in accordance with Accenture policies.
· Managing tax audits and controversies in Greater China, including interactions with local tax officials where necessary with support from external advisors.
· Advising on all tax aspects of Accenture’s V&A to the Corporate Development and Transaction Services (CDTS) team and managing the tax aspects of the post acqusition integration process in collaboration with other subject matter experts from Accenture.
· Ensuring accurate tax accounting reporting for Accenture’s SEC filings in collaboration with Accenture’s central tax accounting team and also providing guidance to local finance/ controllership teams for local statutory reporting.
· Proactively identifying tax risk areas in Accenture’s dynamic business environment and developing remediation/ defense strategies for the same.
· Developing tax planning proposals, including internal restructuring projects, in collaboration with Global Tax Planning team followed by its implementation, with the objective to drive ETR optimization.
· Advising client teams on tax efficient structures for Accenture’s large & complex client engagements (including cross border contracts) covering direct and indirect taxes and mitigating tax risk for Accenture in such client contracting situations.
· Drive successful implementation of global initiatives for tax in Greater China.
· Ensuring compliance with all applicable Accenture policies and processes as regards tax matters.
A Certified Tax Agent / Tax lawyer with extensive experience and knowledge of China tax laws, including corporate income tax, transfer pricing, indirect taxes & M&A tax. The job requires a background of minimum 14 years tax experience, either as a tax professional in a Big 4 tax department and/ or in a corporate tax department with a multinational business. In addition, the job requires the following attributes:
· Strong analytical and tax technical skills
· Strong English written and verbal communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Self-starter with the ability to work well in a fluid and challenging environment
· Ability to motivate, inspire, groom and develop team members working remotely
· Ability to work collaboratively as part of a geographically diverse team
· Ability to work independently in a virtual work environment
· Education: Certified Tax Agent (or other tax specialized qualification)
· Computer Skills: Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook, and SAP (advantage).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.