• Lead the team through the initial transition of ANZ Payroll tasks to GBSN and support the formation of the team from the ground up
• Identify opportunities for automation and digitization of processes being transitioned with the aim to improve efficiency and eradicate the need for manual inputs.
• Post transition, assume local leadership of the ANZ payroll operation for GBSN, ensuring the correct and efficient processing of the ANZ payroll.
• Ensuring all processing is performed in accordance to ANZ Payroll Procedures, internal controls and ANZ Statutory obligations.
• Develop and maintain communication channels with appropriate ANZ stakeholders for all ANZ Payroll related activities.
• Assume the role of GBSN ANZ Payroll SME in providing guidance, mentoring and training to future ANZ Payroll GBSN team members
• Lead and facilitate continuous improvement projects initiated locally or globally,
• Undertake period review of GBSN ANZ Payroll requirements ensuring they are aligned to Global and ANZ Local requirements.
GBSN ANZ Payroll Solutions Team Lead will be instrumental in the establishing the initial GBSN team supporting ANZ and will be responsible for the ongoing payroll operations. Responsibilities will include:
- Participating in the Knowledge Transfer phase of the transition – documentation of end-to-end process flows, procedural documentation and job aids, ensuring knowledge continuation and transferability.
- Development and facilitating training of new GBSN ANZ Payroll Team Members utilising the Payroll system test environment for skill development of current and new procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of ServiceNow “Ask Payroll” for inquiry management and tracking
- Assist with establishing SLAs and Quality Control metrics to ensure all activities are completed on time and in accordance with local regulations
- Responsible for training and onboarding new GBSN team members during and post transition.
- Payroll and Leave processing, i.e. data validation/collection/maintenance, output reconciliation, payroll audit and reporting, and ongoing support of payroll inquiries via ServiceNow.
- Benefit administration, i.e., Enrollment, termination and payment processing for local/global programs & local statutory obligations and the ongoing support of benefit inquiries via ServiceNow.
- Perform calculations and validation for employee entrance and departure payments.
- Providing payroll statutory compliance calculations, including but not limited to:
- Age Base Limit and Superannuation Guarantee Maximum Contribution Limits
- Bonus related tax obligations
- Fringe Benefit and related LAFHA reporting obligations
- Terminations / Severance
- New Hires
- Effective communication and engagement with key stakeholders on process changes or recommendations.
- Participate in the continuous improvement initiatives/projects. Support the quality assurance and ensure the process metrics are adhered too.
- Correct execution and maintenance of validation for all required internal controls.
- Provide statutory, analytical and statistical analysis and reporting to government authorities, as required
- The participate in internal or external audits, as required
- Continues review of all processes ensuring they are performed in accordance to ANZ Payroll Procedures internal controls and ANZ Statutory obligations.
- Lead by example within the team, including mentoring and shadowing both existing and new members.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of some of the essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict responsibilities that may be assigned
· Reports to: GBSN Payroll Solution Team Lead
· Indirectly reports to; ANZ Payroll Manager
· Supervisor: (List roles as they become available)
Qualifications and Skillsets
- 5+ years’ working experience in payroll related areas
- Advanced skills in excel and PPT is a plus
- Undergraduate degree, majoring in relevant areas would be a plus
- Advanced English writing and oral communication skills
- Analytical, problem solving, multi-tasking skills, under pressure
- Excellent technical skills with MS Excel and Outlook
- Be proactive, agile, passionate, accountable
- Familiarity with Australian & New Zealand Labor & Employment Law and tax regulations would be a plus
- Organizational skills; Interpersonal skills;
- Business Acumen; Coaching; Initiative and Anticipation; Innovation; Issue Identification Analysis and Solving; Knowledge Sharing; Personal Credibility; Sustaining Relationships; Teamwork and Collaboration
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.