· The candidate is to assist Accounting Services (AS) Record to Report (RTR) manager with on-going operations, initiative projects, process/productivity improvements, and service management, to ensure successful achievement of business and financial goals of delegated Accenture branch.
· Act as Assistant Country Controller (ACC) and Point of Contact (POC) for operational escalations, take operational responsibility for service delivery where applicable, help the Controller navigate through delivery teams with an integrated solution under One Controllership concept.
- As key contact of support, guidance and expertise for driving RTR team-wide continuous improvement events and projects, including DE/GB projects from initiation to completion within or crossing AS functional teams for most beneficial result and secure milestone achievements.
- Assist AS leads on overall capability development events including controllership capability programs, agenda, and training/sharing curriculums.
- Analyze various global and local metrics and time tracking results with controllership global and local leads
- In charge of recruitment process including processing demand request, scanning candidates, coordinating interview and hiring processes.
- Provide support to RTR staff for critical issues particularly where key country contacts are involved. Support should include but not be limited to items including leadership and guidance on the appropriateness of responses and scope of investigations
- Involve in/lead AEE China and/or Controllership wide initiative project
- Assist RTR lead and RTR GBO on projects or initiatives, manage changes and new transactions and tools
- Assist AS leads on stakeholder relationship maintenance and enhancement activities
- Review RTR team deliveries and ensure proper accounting treatment is applied according to Accenture policies and procedures.
- Support accounting matters such like V&A accounting and work with country controllers to push forward compliance agenda.
- Responsible for the reconciliation and analysis of various balance sheet accounts
- Propose and pursue any necessary adjustments to account balances to ensure that they are compliant with Accenture policy and US GAAP
- Provide month-end pre-close analysis and commentary for account balance movement and totals
- Prepare quarterly analysis of select balance sheet accounts for use by Country Controller’s Group in evaluating the validity of the quarter end balances
- Develop a clear understanding of the business transactions and processes to aid reconciliation procedures and to provide value added advice to finance contact(s)
- Develop understanding of the internal systems and business transactions that impact accounts
- Prepare financial statements according to country statutory standards and requirements, cope with external auditors on FS preparations and filling, as well as presentations to leadership when necessary.
- Responsible for tax compliance processes including regular accruals, true ups, tax returned quires and reporting on VAT, WHT and different tax stream of each country.
- Manage other general accounting assignments such like fixed asset accounting, lease accounting, payroll accounting, bank accounting, V&A accounting.
- Execute Accenture internal controls and ensure all are under compliance requirements including statutory, SOX, policy etc.
- Others Country financials support related tasks such like cost rates support, cost analysis/controls etc.
- Report to Controllership Accounting Services Record to Report Manager
Financial Skills and Competencies
Financial Recording; Financial Reporting; Financial Analysis; Accounts Payable; Accounts Receivable; Reconciliation; Taxation; Chart of Accounts; Compliance; Cost Accounting; Financial Operations; Business Transactions; GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles); General Ledger; International Accounting Regulations; Local GAAP; Month End / Year End Processing; Recurring / Repeating Journal Entries; SEC Requirements; Tax Work Processes - Compliance; Transacting and Payments (Local and International); Transaction Processes; Transaction Processing
Required Experiences and Qualifications
- At least 7 years working experiences in finance and accounting roles, ideally in corporate finance, with at least 3 years in supervisory role;
- Finance and accounting degree(s); ACCA/CIMA/CPA accountancy qualification(s) will be an advantage;
- Good knowledge on US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and SOX compliance
- Perfect business sense and financial acumen
- Demonstrated leadership ability to inspire people and obtain results through others under LDNA concept
- Strong project management skills, with ability to manage implementation projects within tight time constraints
- Great attitude in taking ownership and working under pressure
- Proactive; prospective thinking; logical mindset
- Good sense on DE, FORM, DT methodologies, procedures and tools and individual efficiency and productivity measurement and improvement
- Good judgment on members’ performance and skill of job assignments
- Perfect English oral and written command
- PC skills (Advanced Excel, Word and Outlook); strong knowledge of SAP Hana or equivalent is preferred
- Good interpersonal, coaching skills with strong confidence and influence
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.