• Update and reconcile balance sheet accounts to ensure accuracy of accounting transactions/records, and compliance with US GAAP and Accenture financial policies.
• Work with stakeholders and teams leads on Process review, transition managements, operational excellence and compliance control
• Cope with global tax team and area/local tax team on corporate tax accruals, settlements, fillings/returns, calculations, forecasting, and reporting.
• Oversee tax compliance such like VAT, WHT, and intercompany transactions billings & settlements
• Perform general ledger accounting activities such like bank accounting, tax accounting, fixed asset accounting, lease accounting, payroll accounting, and closing accounting.
• Cooperate with on/offshore controllership team on other ad-hoc activities such like BS&PL true up basing on audit result, intercompany accounting issues, internal control etc.
• Managing legal entities overall General Ledger Accounting Process, drafting annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and local GAAP
• Cooperating with external auditors, tax agents on FS finalization and Cooperate Tax fillings
• May have direct involvement on Annual General board meeting presentation
• Fully involvement on team innovation and digitalization, visualization agenda, proactively cope with change and process re-engineering when necessary.
Key Responsibilities – General Accounting
- Responsible for the reconciliation and analysis of various balance sheet accounts
Ø Perform monthly analysis of data within accounts and determine issues for follow up
Ø Work with Accounts Payable and/or Payroll to resolve issues in a timely manner
Ø Work with tax group to ensure that taxes are booked correctly
Ø Process adjusting entries as required
Ø Prepare account reconciliations for an assigned portfolio of Legal Entities or specific accounts, and submit for supervisor review
Ø Obtain all necessary backup and justification for account balances
- Propose and pursue any necessary adjustments to account balances to ensure that they are compliant with Accenture policy and US GAAP
- Provide month-end pre-close analysis and commentary for account balance movement and totals
- Prepare quarterly analysis of select balance sheet accounts for use by Country Controller’s Group in evaluating the validity of the quarter end balances
Ø Partner with Finance contact(s) to review account reconciliations and provide assistance and guidance in recording accounting transactions where necessary
- Develop a clear understanding of the business transactions and processes to aid reconciliation procedures and to provide value added advice to Finance contact(s)
- Develop understanding of the internal systems and business transactions that impact accounts
- Prepare Financial statements according to country statutory standards and requirements, cope with external auditors on FS preparations and filling, as well as presentations to leadership when necessary.
- Responsible for Tax compliance processes including regular accruals, true ups, Tax returned quires and reporting on VAT, WHT and different tax stream of each country.
- Manage other General Accounting Processes such like Fixed Asset Accounting, Lease Accounting, Payroll Accounting, Bank Accounting, V&A Accounting, etc. processing and relevant analysis.
- Executing Accenture Internal Control and ensure Compliance with related Accounting standards.
- Others Country financials support related tasks such like cost rates support, cost analysis/controls etc.
- Report to Controllership Record to Report Associate Manager
Required Experience and Qualifications
- +5 years working experience in finance and accounting roles, ideally in SSC/BPO industry or local corporate finance team,
- Bachelor’s degree and above in Finance/Accounting; ACCA, CIMA, AUCPA, SGCPA or any relevant professional qualification is preferable
- Good knowledge on US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and SOX compliance
- Perfect Finance and Accounting acumen;
- Very good attitude in taking ownership and working under pressure
- Good sense on Operational Improvement/Delivery/Operation Effectiveness methodology, procedures and tools and individual efficiency and productivity measurement and improvement
- Good English oral and written command;
- PC skills (Advanced Excel, Word and Outlook); strong knowledge of SAP R/3 or equivalent is preferred;
- Teamwork and Collaboration; Open mindset; Personal Credibility; willingness to change; mature mentality
- Strong capability on adaptability, change management, innovation and digitalization
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.