Client Portfolio Finance Senior Manager
Financial mgt for client portfolio including planning, forecasting & analysis support. Part of Client Service Group leadership & client teams as primary finance contact point & business advisor by contributing financial insights, solutions & controls including reviewing & approving deal structures, margins, contingency & solutions & driving profit improvement plans. Collaborate with OU, sales operations & client financial mgt teams to optimize profitability & manage risk across the client portfolio.
Your role includes some or all of the following key responsibilities. You should review these in conjunction with career level guidelines to gain a clear understanding of the expectations for your role.
· Act as primary point of contact for the operating unit/growth platform leadership and client executives regarding finance related questions, issues, policies, and procedures
· Act as a business advisor to leadership on key decision by providing data and recommendations to aid decision making with focus on revenue and profitability improvement actions
· Provide advice to help achieve targets, alert the operating unit/growth platform lead and global finance leadership of significant issues and work collaboratively with stakeholders to address the issues
· Play an active role as finance representative in new business meetings and forecast review calls
· Review and analyze annual client financial plans and quarterly forecasts
· Review actual results versus plan and forecast, highlighting exception areas and identifying corrective actions
· Decide corrective actions impacting client financial performance
· Collaborate and advise operating unit/growth platform and client team leadership with decision making on sales management, pricing and delivery issues
· Communicate relevant client portfolio financial issues, results, and information to operating unit/growth platform leadership
· Collaborate with the operating unit/growth platform, client team leadership and client financial management (CFM) to maximize client profitability with a focus on continuous margin improvement
· Participate in Financial Quality Assurance Reviews, implementing corrective actions and sharing best practices
· Manage client risk, sales and backlog and working capital on the portfolio
· Educate client service group executive teams on Accenture financial principles
· Ensure compliance with US GAAP, Internal Controls and Accenture policies
· In the event of an acquisition
o Ensure successful integration of acquisition target financials onto relevant applications as well as operationalizing and tracking against the acquisition business case.
o Leverage strong accounting skill set, work with local controllership and other global entities in managing the acquired balance sheet and our net working capital position
o Supervise direct interface with CFM support to ensure end-to-end coverage, in particular identifying any early indicators of delivery issues (e.g. cost overrun; expenses; unrealistic estimated times for completions) and this is particularly critical of all legacy contracts brought over from the acquired entity
o Direct analysis and report against the impact of the acquisition on the integrated business case, relying on regional growth and other “proxy” key performance indicators and metrics
Skills and Proficiency Expectations
Expected Proficiency Level
Budgeting and Forecasting
P4 - Expert
P3 - Advanced
Financial and Accounting Operations Management
P4 - Expert
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.