Acquisition Commercial Director Job Description
Acquisition Commercial Directors work with the acquisition business sponsors and company leadership, company commercial team and Accenture commercial team to:
· Manage key due diligence (DD) business aspects
· Review and manage to business case through rigorous adherence to commercial disciplines and processes
· Act as COO for the new business with overall accountability for post-merger integration (PMI)
Acquisition Commercial Directors are expected to:
· Participate in DD activities to review business operations, sales pipeline and process, financial management and reporting and assess alignment with Accenture organization and processes.
· Work with business sponsors and business leadership on GTM transition, channels and reporting, etc.
· Review the business case to define and substantiate business growth, synergies and management support.
· Work with HR, CDTS and stakeholders to develop business personal performance plans and obtain relevant approvals.
· Participate in DD governance and resolve key issues.
· Develop relationships with selling organization key stakeholders, new business leadership and commercial/operations teams. Acting collaboratively to understand their business and cultural values and help solve issues.
· Communicate with impacted Accenture businesses so that they understand and can prepare for the financial impacts.
· Review business case post-DD and incorporate any key findings.
· Assist new business sponsors and stakeholders with Capital Committee communication and governance.
· Ownership of all commercial and operations for the new business, including real estate, marketing, financial management, etc.
· Implementation and execution of the business case including agreeing FY sales plans and forecasts, chargeability targets, etc
· Ensure focus on information security, implementing education programs and CDP protocols, etc.
· Development of resource and attrition management plans, focusing on engagement results, benefits harmonisation, performance compensation, etc.
· Alignment of Accenture tools and processes to support the new business GTM model, implementing education programs for new personnel.
· Work with Legal and Contract Management to review all client contracts, communicate acquisition impacts to affected clients, and make business decisions and/or re-negotiate existing contracts.
· Interact with senior management at Accenture, including OU Director of Operations, Director of Finance, CSG leadership and other finance leadership.
· Oversee all commercial aspects of Accenture’s relationship with clients and subcontractors including commercial negotiations, escalations and resolution of other commercial issues.
Typically Reports To
· Commercial Director - Area Lead
· Bachelor's degree
· Minimum of 8 years of client facing experience
· Minimum of 8 years of experience in the areas of commercial management: contracts, financial, resources, commercial operations and client relationship management
· Minimum of 6 years of leadership of a commercial entity, program or practice
· Ability to build strong rapport and influence with senior leadership in the business, finance and geography based on established common goals and fact-based discussions.
· Ability to understand and prioritize the commercial issues, establish an overall commercial plan for the new business in support of the business case, drive client-focused (both internal and external) behaviors - and ensure follow through and frequent communication with relevant stakeholders.
· Clear understanding of the commercial levers relevant to the new business, and how to manage them over time to provide profitability/stability and help grow the account.
· Familiarity with Accenture organization structure, stakeholders and delivery methodologies.
Professional Skills required
· Strong people skills to effectively link the team's responsibilities to the objectives of the new business, create a challenging and rewarding work environment, and help commercial team members achieve their career aspirations.
· Demonstrated ability to direct complex daily activities of multiple work streams, focused on issue resolution, while being an effective communicator/leader simultaneously across operating groups, growth platforms, accounts, and clients.
· Professional, confident, and strong leadership presence.
· Strong influential presence to lead new business strategy and decisions.
· Deep business and financial acumen with experience of working with entrepreneurial work cultures.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
Business Transformation Advisor - Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Mobile and Web Apps Developer Consultant (ALL LOCATIONS)
Business & Technology Integration
Global Travel, Aviation Consulting Manager 2
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.