Ensure the accuracy and completeness of the
country's financial reporting in accordance with relevant local and global
accounting standards, meeting internal and external deadlines. Provide country
leadership with statutory financial support and information with regard to
income tax, VAT and mandatory government distributions pertaining to the
relevant country. Collaborate with local finance teams (e.g. Tax) to ensure
reporting is accurate for leadership to sign off.
Your role includes some or all of the following key responsibilities. You should review these in conjunction with career level guidelines to gain a clear understanding of the expectations for your role.
· Create and review local cost and bill rate tables for use across all workforces
· Manage multiple functional areas in day-to-day controllership operations
· Coordinate management review of service providers (e.g. Shared Services)
· Serve as knowledge expert resource for other finance groups (e.g. accounting/control requirements)
· Perform monthly review of financial results with local relevant finance teams, for review with the geographic finance leadership
· Review/approve various journal entries/adjusting entries over the relevant thresholds as per policy
· Perform compliance reviews of various internal controls and procedures (participation/management of control reviews of key areas with financial impact)
· Prepare and review internal management and status reporting
· Counsel and mentor the development of controllership personnel team
· Responsible for special projects pertaining to their geography as needed, including reviewing and evaluating complex specific accounting transactions/treatment and providing requested support from other organizations within Accenture on significant accounting transactions and/or business events
· Ensure compliance at set up stage of acquisitions/new legal entities, etc.
· Maintain a deep knowledge/skills in accounting, financial, local and global GAAP and/or internal controls
Career Level Expectations
Below are the expectations for all employees in this role. Please note that additional criteria may apply in some countries. If your home country appears in the "Country Specific Information" link at right, please click the country name to view the applicable expectations for this role.
Degree of difficulty of an assignment or the level of problem-solving assessment and resolution required, as indicated by degree of problem-solving, strategic vs. routine focus, and stakeholder interactions (e.g., Executives, Supervisor, etc.)
· Requires identifying and assessing complex problems for area of responsibility. Creates solutions in situations in which analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
· Requires adherence to strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near-term goals.
· Interaction is with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture, involving matters that may require acceptance of an alternate approach.
Power to influence or complete assignments independently and ability to make decisions, as indicated by latitude to devise work products or plans, reliance on instruction and decision-making ability
· Some latitude in decision-making. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
Impact or Decision Impact
Risk or consequences in the event of failure, as indicated by range of expected impact, such as within a team or across a team or area of responsibility and level of risk
· Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility
Degree of accountability for assigned tasks, our clients and/or the organization, as indicated by size of work effort and scale of entity and/or program
· Manages large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts at a client or within Accenture
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA NY - New York
Data Architect Consultant
Business & Technology Integration
Corporate Citizenship Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications
Google Data Engineer
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.