Aligned regionally, manage Legal Post Merger Integration (“PMI”) services (“PMI”) across all Legal functions in order to transition acquired entity into final Accenture organization, including: provide advice to business/acquired entity units on integration approaches, contract management and policy compliance matters; coordinate various Legal team members and collaborate with other coordinators, stakeholders and leadership to support Legal integration activities including IP transfer, Geo integrations, Entity Restructuring, Branding, CORE/Compliance, Contracting, and GLN support; establish/manage relationships with relevant Accenture and acquired entity leadership including Business Sponsors, regional leadership, CDTS leadership, quality leadership and Legal counterparts; and act as a positive change agent in support of the acquired entities’ transition into Accenture.
· Lead Legal integration activities in support of Accenture’s mergers, acquisitions and ventures
· Manage/support Due Diligence process as needed
· Review client documentation for key issues impacting integration
· Transition risk and mitigation plan from Due Diligence to PMI
· Drive development of PMI Legal Strategy
· Develop PMI Legal Workplan
· Develop Legal Integration Budget
· Support CM activities for integration:
· Perform day-to-day management of high level integration activities and SME support to complete the PMI workplan, including:
o Complete required legal steps required to transition contracts;
o Gather Legal SME and Contract Management Integration Lead (“CILS”) and provide weekly status update to CDTS;
o Provide support and guidance (Tools, templates and training) to Legal SMEs as needed;
o Engage Legal SMEs Leads for resourcing needs;
o Act as the primary contact between the integration deal team and/or business unit and Legal, ensuring that all Legal integration matters are completed to meet transaction milestones;
o Act as a point of escalation for Legal team members engaged in the Legal integration process;
o Provide Legal integration work-related project management (monitoring and reporting) for each transaction including coordination of daily workload assigned to Legal team members and project or business personnel;
- Provide high quality and timely advice on complex integration matters, including solutions and mitigation strategies;
o Identify, manage, and track risks/ issues for resolution during the integration phase;
o Support Legal and Project Leadership team to create dispute mitigation strategies by collecting, classifying and generating relevant documentation to support Accenture preferred outcomes; and
o Portray positive change management traits in support of the integration activities and be a significant change agent particularly while the acquired entity is in the integration phase and remaining constructively helpful/supportive thereafter.
· Be responsible for consultation and escalation to Regional V&A Legal Integration Lead (as appropriate) of issues which are not resolved satisfactorily in a timely manner or require additional support to resolve;
· Provide regular updates of Legal integration work activity to deal team, Regional V&A Legal Integration Lead;
· Display proficient understanding of Accenture's major business areas (particularly, in the “New”) to communicate effectively with Business Sponsors and project managing directors and provide thoughtful and effective advice;
- Where required, effectively perform role as Career Counsellor for 3 or more staff;
- Actively seek and assume responsibility for CM related activities in addition to project role (e.g. New Joiner Training, central initiatives etc.);
· Reports to
Directly reports to Regional V&A Legal Integration Lead.
Coordinates support provided by Legal SME professionals and Contract Management (at all levels) supporting the integration phase of acquisitions.
· Business Relationships
Regional V&A Legal Integration Lead, Global V&A Legal Integration Lead, Legal and Contract Management leadership, CDTS, Procurement and Business Sponsors.
- External Relationships
Interfaces with acquired entity leadership involved in Legal integration activities.
College degree required; contract management experience or Law degree preferred
- Membership in the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) or National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and professional certification are a plus
- Certification A Plus (i.e. CFCM, CCCM, CPCM) preferred
- Work Experience
Minimum 6 years in contract management/procurement/legal/finance field and applicable industry experience; minimum 4 years of contracting negotiation skills.
- Work Requirements
Travel as required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
· M&A or prior post-merger integration experience preferred;
· Understanding of PMI support areas and surrounding issues and regulations;
· Exercise excellent judgment and leverage existing knowledge to efficiently support leadership in PMI support area;
· Display competent understanding of company's service offerings in context of PMI support areas and ensure compliance with applicable company policies and procedure;
· Competent understanding of company’s business operations, regulatory environment and potential areas of risk in delivery;
· Display competent understanding of company's approval processes and ensure that all stakeholders are timely engaged and informed on the relevant process;
· Adept in delivering trainings, presentations and coordinating meetings;
· Display a very high level of responsiveness and follow through on commitments;
· Detail-oriented, organized and flexible;
· Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Proven ability to advise and interact with all levels of management (confidence & credibility);
· Consistently able to present complex subject matter in a clear and concise manner separating the real issue from the detail;
· Demonstrate ability to manage conflict effectively;
· Demonstrate Accenture's core values;
· Self-Awareness- listens to and accepts feedback - sees feedback as a positive opportunity for improvement and quickly implements improvement activity;
· Proven ability to influence and get agenda considered by project team;
· Subject matter expert in relevant scope of work;
· Remains composed in stressful situations and consistently performs role in a professional manner;
· Ability to work under high pressure, effectively manage priorities and stakeholder expectations;
· Display excellent analytical & mathematical skills to resolve complex issues;
· Volunteer for and successfully leads initiatives for process improvement;
· Prefer program/project management and post-award hands-on contract management experience;
· Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of general corporate business practices, government and commercial contracting regulations and principles, subcontracting practices, and accounting and finance principles;
· Demonstrate excellent organizational skills;
· Demonstrate sufficient experience with day-to-day management of complex projects; and
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word and strong Email communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA IL - Chicago
USA VA - Alexandria
Federal - Business Research Consultant
USA MD - Suitland
Federal - Business Process and Acquisition/PPBE Lead
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.