Job Summary and Key Responsibilities
Individual Tax Expert
· In-depth knowledge of China local individual tax under a regular tax regime; these include tax planning, reporting and compliance, review of different types of salaries, bonuses, allowances, and employee benefits;
· Reviews monthly and annual individual income tax returns and tax filing procedures in different locations and entities;
· Experienced in handling individual tax audits from Tax Bureau, that includes managing internal and external stakeholders on a time bound and planned audit schedule, reviewing tax positions and supporting documents, reconciling tax issues with tax officers;
· Reviews, recommends and executes tax positions for personnel benefits policies, contracts, projects, exit processes, initiatives and documentations to ensure compliance with existing rules and regulations issued by Tax Bureau specifically on individual tax;
· Provides individual tax advice on day to day operations to the different teams within the company, i.e. HR, Payroll, Legal, ET&I, Local Tax, Controllership, CFM, CDTS, Commercial, etc.;
· Liaises with, engages and supports Global Tax teams across the organizations to align with company policy, practices and positions;
· Able to influence, manage and support internal and external support teams to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements are timely and accurately submitted;
· Works very closely with external tax advisors and manages tax planning, operation, filing, issue, on a case to case basis;
· Drives specific task/project as required, collaborating with all relevant corporate function teams, and reporting to Greater China leadership whenever is necessary;
· Coordinates and reviews of taxation reports as requested to meet global/national or business reporting requirements.
Tax Capability and Continuous Improvement
· Manages all individual tax aspects in Greater China (tax planning, advisory, operation, compliance, reporting, and audit defense). Provides relevant tax advice to Accenture's engagements and new businesses.
· Coordinates work assignments and training calendar under tax capability development agenda;
· Provides tax expertise to broader groups/teams/communities;
· Evaluates and identifies opportunities in quality, efficiency, compliance improvements.
• Reports to: AEE China Controllership AS Team Lead
• Supervises: NA
• External Relationships: Greater China Tax Lead; Greater China Finance Director
· At least Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance/taxation
· A minimum of 7 years’ tax consulting exposures in accounting firms, or in-house tax expert in corporations
· Perfect project and stakeholder management skills, as well as leadership coordination (through resolution) are must
· Knowledge on payroll and human resource functions are advantages
· Able to work with multiple engagements under pressure and with some travels
· Sound tax planning and advisory skills are expected
· Experience in handling tax matters or network with Tax Bureau is preferred
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to articulate complex information with multiple reporting/coordinating lines
· Experience on corporate tax matters will be a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA CA - San Francisco
Salesforce Functional Manager- West
Posted 1 day ago
North America Inclusion & Diversity Marketing & Communications Manager
Marketing & Communications
Posted 1 day ago
USA TX - Dallas
Java Full Stack Developer
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.