Acquisition Commercial Director Job Description
Acquisition Commercial Directors work with the acquisition business sponsors and company leadership, company commercial team and Accenture commercial team to:
- Manage key due diligence (DD) business aspects
- Review and manage to business case through rigorous adherence to commercial disciplines and processes
- Act as COO for the new business with overall accountability for post-merger integration (PMI)
Acquisition Commercial Directors are expected to:
- Participate in DD activities to review business operations, sales pipeline and process, financial management and reporting and assess alignment with Accenture organisation and processes.
- Work with business sponsors and business leadership on GTM transition, channels and reporting, etc.
- Review the business case to define and substantiate business growth, synergies and management support.
- Work with HR, CDTS and stakeholders to develop business personal performance plans and obtain relevant approvals.
- Participate in DD governance and resolve key issues.
- Develop relationships with selling organisation key stakeholders, new business leadership and commercial/operations teams. Acting collaboratively to understand their business and cultural values and help solve issues.
- Communicate with impacted Accenture businesses so that they understand and can prepare for the financial impacts.
- Review business case post-DD and incorporate any key findings.
- Assist new business sponsors and stakeholders with Capital Committee communication and governance.
- Ownership of all commercial and operations for the new business, including real estate, marketing, financial management, etc.
- Implementation and execution of the business case including agreeing FY sales plans and forecasts, chargeability targets, etc
- Ensure focus on information security, implementing education programs and CDP protocols, etc.
- Development of resource and attrition management plans, focusing on engagement results, benefits harmonisation, performance compensation, etc.
- Alignment of Accenture tools and processes to support the new business GTM model, implementing education programs for new personnel.
- Work with Legal and Contract Management to review all client contracts, communicate acquisition impacts to affected clients, and make business decisions and/or re-negotiate existing contracts.
- Interact with senior management at Accenture, including OU Director of Operations, Director of Finance, CSG leadership and other finance leadership.
- Oversee all commercial aspects of Accenture’s relationship with clients and subcontractors including commercial negotiations, escalations and resolution of other commercial issues.
Typically Reports To
- Commercial Director - Area Lead