The Director plays a key role in promoting Accenture’s compliance in Asia Pacific with anticorruption laws, regulations and Accenture policies, with the goal of protecting the assets and reputation of Accenture.
The Director supports the Managing Director – Senior Director of Anticorruption with the implementation and management of Accenture’s Asia Pacific anticorruption compliance program and serves as a subject matter expert on anticorruption laws. The Director helps the Legal team and the business understand the anticorruption compliance program.
The Director will coordinate with and leverage expertise from all teams within CORE, Global Contracting, Contract Management, and outside counsel, as necessary.
The Director is expected to demonstrate leadership behaviors, which include adhering to Accenture’s Core Values (Best People, Stewardship, Integrity, Client Value Creation, Respect for the Individual, and One Global Network), practicing the 5C’s (Communication, Consultation, Cross-Checking, Collaboration, and Courage) and following Accenture’s Code of Business Ethics.
- Implements and manages Accenture’s anticorruption compliance program (Leadership; Standards & Controls; Training & Communication; Auditing, Monitoring & Response; and Risk Assessments) in Asia Pacific.
- Drives the implementation of Accenture’s anticorruption compliance program initiatives in Asia Pacific, including:
- Development and delivery of anticorruption compliance training;
- Development, review and implementation of anticorruption policies and internal controls;
- Planning and drafting anticorruption compliance communications with internal stakeholders;
- Working with senior management and outside counsel to conduct risk assessments, recommend improvements to the anticorruption compliance program, and support the implementation of adopted recommendations; and,
- Working with internal stakeholders to build anticorruption compliance and monitoring tools to help Accenture executives flag, escalate and mitigate corruption risks.
- Provides objective, focused, practical advice and solutions to Accenture businesses and Legal Professionals regarding compliance with anticorruption laws, Accenture’s Code of Business Ethics, Accenture’s anticorruption policies (Policies 0150 and 1327), and all other related policies.
- Collaborates with Legal colleagues and the business in Asia Pacific to identify, analyze and mitigate anticorruption risks;
- Collaborates with Legal Mergers & Acquisitions colleagues and Corporate Development to identify, analyze and mitigate substantive anticorruption law issues;
- Collaborates with CORE colleagues in Asia Pacific to: (a) provide thought leadership for Accenture’s anticorruption compliance efforts generally by staying abreast of compliance industry best practices and changes in laws and regulations, and (b) assist in the development of related policies to address business and legal requirements;
- Conducts localized training on anticorruption law issues in Asia Pacific;
- Responds to and helps manage internal audits and internal investigations related to anticorruption law issues in Asia Pacific;
- Assists Litigation & Disputes to respond to government inquires or investigations related to anticorruption law issues in Asia Pacific;
- Provides additional support, and assumes additional responsibilities, as may be directed by the Managing Director – Senior Director of Anticorruption; and,
- Operates in a cost-effective manner consistent with relevant Accenture policies.
Reports to: Managing Director – Senior Director of Anticorruption
Relationships: Global Ethics & Compliance Team, other CORE and Non- Contracting legal teams, Global Contracting Team, Contract Management, Legal M&A team, other subject matter experts, outside counsel