GREATER CHINA GEOGRAPHIC SERVICES (GS) LEAD- CAREER LEVEL 4 , CORPORATE FUNCTIONS
The Geographic Services Managing Director sets strategic direction and has direct oversight for most/all services/ functions across China. This includes defining the overall strategy, providing leadership and direction, determining requirements and delivering agreed-upon service levels to operating units and Accenture Businesses in the geographic unit.
This role is also a member of the geographic unit leadership team, the relevant management council and may direct the local works council. This role directs and manages the local infrastructure services for the geography, including Workplace, Local Technology Services (LTS), Global Mobility (Travel), Corporate Citizenship and Procurement.
Apart from building and executing mid to long term real estate and infrastructure strategy, this role is accountable for the overall efficiency and cost management of quality of services within a geographic unit and is also responsible for ensuring the successful execution of the shared services initiatives locally. The Geographic Services Managing Director may also be required to act as the local legal entity lead (Company Director) if required by local corporate law.
Lead Service Delivery to Meet Financial and Operating Targets
- Build and execute mid to long term real estate and infrastructure strategy for China, customising to all Accenture Businesses specific needs.
- Lead and deliver Geographic Services support to all Accenture Businesses across China in line with service level agreements; provide leadership, direction and support for Geographic Services leadership within China and provide direction and report on key cost efficiency areas such as headcount, office space etc.
- Define/Lead programs, initiatives to maximize Geographic Services efficiencies and synergies across client groups/countries in supporting the local business
- Implement local/area initiatives to support global environmental positioning and agree on specific operational and financial targets with Global Geographic Services to measure progress.
Drive Performance & Delivery Excellence
- Manage the infrastructure services, set requirements and ensure the quality and cost effectiveness of delivery, including Workplace, Global Mobility, Procurement and Technology Services (LTS); define, support and be held accountable for agreed upon levels for cost and service management
- Use, develop and oversee implementation of best practices/assets of our global organization in accordance with global directions and rules; develop delivery excellence initiatives to improve performance and efficiency
- Work with the Country Managing Director, China Chief Operating Office and legal and commercial geographic unit lead to implement & ensure appropriate records retention, data privacy and other local/regulatory compliance; provide and implement local governance leadership relating to compliance, contracts and employee relations.
- Exhibit strong people management skills to support a diverse workforce and manage critical situations involving individuals and ensure operational continuity.
Develop Key Relationships
- Sought after/expected to apply problem solving skills and issue resolution techniques to a wide range of business issues within China.
- Provide the organizational "home" for the corporate function workforce supporting the geography.
- Oversee health and safety/asset protection activities and lead local disaster management efforts (flood, earthquake, etc.) and initiatives as required.
- Sustain Accenture's culture and values and ensure these are visible to our people by leading from the front in such matters.